Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would rather see an older character and not someone who will just slot in with the Dingles, but I like Faith well enough. Sally Dexter is an excellent actress. I had a feeling it would be her once I read the statements from the producers, which were not really that hyperbolic. Some of the press made the return seem bigger than they did.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Someone please put this poor show out of its misery.....  

Please register in order to view this content

Apparently when Faith returns next week Chas and Cain will disagree about her presence in the village, so Chas takes the matter to the Dingle court.... 

The first person who came up with this Dingle court nonsense all those years ago should be banned from ever writing again!

This show is so bad right now it's physically painful. The only, and I do mean only, saving grace is Charlotte Bellamy as Laurel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

^^

Thank you. It's such fun to read articles and interviews from those days. The show went through a transformation during the early 80s, just as it would do 10 years later. Jack came back, Seth became a regular character, the Merricks were re-introduced and NY Estates became an important part of village life (and brought Alan to Beckindale). Good times.... 

Please register in order to view this content

On another note, just a few days ago (the 10th) a personal favourite of mine, and someone who didn't follow the show from the 1970s into the 1980s, had a special day.

So, a little late perhaps, but a very happy 80th birthday to the one and only Katharine Barker. (Dolly Skilbeck #1)  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...