• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

^^

That was brilliant! Thank you!  

Please register in order to view this content

Great to hear her talk about her time on the show, her castmates, how it was to step into an already established role, and how she feels about the changes the show has gone through over the years.

She voiced so many of my own feelings about that subject especially. 

And I particularly loved what she said about Matt and Dolly not being boring, but relatable. Such a profound statement, and one that I think the producers and writers of todays shows should take to heart.

It really irritates me when people say that the show was boring back then and that nothing happened. That is so not true. A lot of dramatic stuff happened, just not all the time. And that made the impact so much bigger when something did happen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I guess we'll have to see where it goes, but since Victoria is hardly going to bring back Emmerdale Farm I wonder what the point will be.

Furthermore I don't think that Annie had any property left in the village. I distinctly remember that she sold her part of the farm back in 1996 due to money issues.

But anything that gives Victoria screentime is appreciated.  

• Members

I think it will end up with her having a war with the Tates (maybe she can ask Robert for his hitman's number before Kim calls hers up). And I could see Andrea sleeping with Luke, or something.

I'd like to see Victoria start up her own farm to phase Moira out of that part of the show, or to bring in more farming characters, but good luck there.

• Members

Well, I'm finding myself not disliking it.... 

Please register in order to view this content

Joking aside, there is actually something quite touching about it in its simplicity.

If we couldn't get a big send-off for Annie, and for a multitude of reasons that was never going to happen, then I think this is the best alternative.

• Members

Thanks for the clips @Forever8

You and @I Am A Swede might be interested in this. I'm going to tag @vetsoapfan and @NothinButAttitude @All My Shadows as well. It's the episode where Jackie Merrick dies. Other than the Pete/Rachel material, which isn't awful, but still grosses me out and feels like the real shift toward more needlessly melodramatic times, it's a slice-of-life episode with a lot of warmth and light alongside melancholy, and a slight unease in the air leading up to the final scene. That scene is impeccably done - a world away from what you get on soaps like EastEnders now with an emo woe chorus blaring from the skies. 

(in case anyone is curious, this was that strange year or two year period where Clive Hornby [Jack] had left the show)

https://m.facebook.com/groups/410762128980321?view=permalink&id=3463775230345647&_rdr#_=_ 

Edited by DRW50