Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

As far as I can see, Moira's brother set Charity up to be arrested over a Home Farm break-in. Noah went to warn her and got arrested instead. 

(there was a good scene I saw on Youtube from a day or two ago where Charity tried to plead with him not to join the army and he said he was trying to get away from her and also trying to find a way to get training and become an engineer - it's a pretty good scene which shows the wisdom of Emmerdale never killing Noah off for shock value/angst, even though it would have been very easy to do)

• Members

AFAIC it's a disgrace how American soaps have largely ignored COVID-19. I think it's the medium's responsibility to educate and empathize with the public in real time and it's a feature daily soaps can cover like no other television. I know there's a lot of people who say "oh, I don't want to watch that when I turn on TV" - well, too bad. As Jamey Giddens said, Agnes Nixon would've done it and Emmerdale was right to do it. Lovely speech.

• Members

As @Khanreminded me, black-ish leaned in on using COVID in story. So has The Conners, and both shows made it pay off for them dramatically as well as in some ways comedically. It's a shame soaps in this country won't, but Emmerdale did it right.

• Members

Yes. 

The climax and aftermath of that story is on Youtube now, on the Patrick Clohessy channel. To be honest I kind of hate that whole plot...they really did so much damage to Rachel they must have felt there was no going back.

• Members

^^

True.

The affair she had with Jack was the death knell for Rachel as a viable character going forward. I really don't know who thought that was a remotely good idea. Of course it also did serious damage to Jack's character. And it came so out of left field...... I still remember feeling like

Please register in order to view this content

when it happened.