Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He was a fine actor. Ned could be a tough character to take at times but Leeze always made him seem real and gave him a heart...and he felt utterly true to the village and the fields, which is something many new characters by that point and after did not. 

@I Am A Swede did you see my post about the 1989 episode?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Kay was wonderful on Emmerdale. I'm sorry they never did more with her - the writing for Cynthia was so stereotype-laden.

Merry Christmas, everyone. I was thinking earlier today of the 1993 Christmas material, full of foreboding but with some lovely character-led moments like Annie giving Mark the watch. For me Emmerdale Christmas is the Sugden family and the Farm era in general - the pantos, the sense of quiet, the countryside. Times change, and Emmerdale have had their share of "big" and "explosive" Christmases from the mid-90s on, but I will always see, in my head, Annie, Jack, Matt, Sam, Amos and Henry, Dolly, Joe, Rev. Hinton,  Jackie, "Turner," Sandie, Pat, Seth, and all the rest.

• Members

Beautifully said, and I agree completely.

Maybe it's because Christmas always make me even more nostalgic than I usually am, but the memories of those classic old Farm-era Christmases really tug at the heartstrings.... 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by I Am A Swede