Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think he was even married to another man, and that was the deal-breaker for Kathy.

Has it only been twenty years?! Feels like Charity and Cain have been polluting the air-waves much longer than that. 

Please register in order to view this content

I have no problem with Emma Atkins, but I cannot stand Charity (or any Dingle) and I have to admit that it's hard to read an article that is nothing but complimentary about her/them.

Asked whether she's keen to stick with Emmerdale for the foreseeable future, Emma replied: "More than happy, yes!"  

Interesting that Suranne Jones auditioned for Charity. I wonder how the character would have turned out with her in the role.

• Members

I've mentioned something like that happening before, too. Lisa could have been the murderer like Gwyneth was, but now that wouldn't fit. Maybe Faith can take her place? Or Belle, before she offs herself. However, because they have mentioned a plethora of Dingles existing through the years with various extras and short term roles as well, there'd have to be some Dingle event where a plane crash or explosion kills off all the off-screen Dingles. Except for Tina. She deserves a reprieve.

• Members

Considering she (presumably) hasn't been mentioned in donkey's years, I like to think she's disowned them all. Maybe she's the killer, then?

The children can survive, I'm not a monster. Their last names are Sugden which is a good start. Andy can come back and take care of them since we're playing fan-fiction. Daz too, after Adam briefly returns to get closure with Victoria after Moira is forced to turn herself in for Emma's murder by the killer. Adam takes Isaac with him. Scott and Kelly return and change April's name to Windsor. Samson and Lydia are run out of town, getting a rare reprieve from the killer. Ross retrieves Moses. Charity, with help from Jamie, convinces Kim to protect Noah, reclaiming his Tate name once more. Liv can move in with Victoria. Rhona and Paddy get the hell out of dodge with their sproggs. We really just need to make sure the Dingle name itself is squashed once and for all.

As for the killings themselves, I would start with Cain. He's done the most damage. He gets the most brutal death. Jasmine returns to help Debbie cope and they reunite, until Debbie is murdered. Jasmine leaves town heartbroken. Sam's death would be gentle. Charity gets the most epic death. Mandy and Marlon's deaths are swift to avoid their wailing for our benefit.  Aaron and Chas die together. Belle's voices come back and convince her she's the killer so she kills herself. End with Zak. 

Okay, I don't if know I missed anyone but I think I'm done with this craziness now.

• Members

I can agree with most of this, except the bolded part. Liv may not be a Dingle technically, but she is one of the worst, if not the worst, non-Dingle the show has ever had, so she will have to meet the same fate. Preferably in a most gruesome way...... 

• Members

@I Am A Swede this is probably a bit late on Emmerdale for your tastes but someone put up most of an April 1996 episode (I've also put up a few episodes on my Jerry Sugden channel).

Meanwhile, Inside Soap mentioned Kathy...mostly to make a dig at Malandra Burrows (the soap press seemed to have issues with her).

• Members

The 1990s were still very much watchable. The Dingles hadn't begun to monopolize the show the way they did later, and back then I still had hope that they would be written out sooner than later.  Boy was I wrong!  

I used to wish that Kathy, and other beloved characters, would return to rescue the show, but now I've given up those ideas. The show is most likely beyond rescue by now, and will remain Dingle-infected to the bitter end....