EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

So I saw the current Ben tweet or post on IG about his status. I am assuming it was his last day of filming. Or was it his last airdate (as I have not been watching for a long time)? 

Regardless, are they recasting Ben or putting the character on ice? Honestly, Ben is a character that needs to be put out to pasture for YEARS (as in decades) before they revisit a return of the character. 

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I haven't caught up yet and I don't follow social media about EE, so I cannot answer you. However, I am in mid-March and Ben has not been on in a while with any kind of storyline. No story in 2024. So I am curious what they will do for his exit. Which why I think he probably posted about his last filming day, as I don't think they will be able to get some exit storyline in only a few episode. But I fully agree with you, Ben should be given a rest for a while. And with all the time he was not shown recently, I did not really miss him

Please register in order to view this content

On another note, I watched March 14, with Denise and Jack, where he is pushing her to tell him the truth. My, my.. awesome scene! She was really trying to lie her way out of it. Denise was on a emotional rollercoaster there in that one scene. And Diane Parish once again was awesome!

Oooh and Yolande slapping that church gossip lady caught me off guard! I laughed so much!  

• Members

@Manny I saw the clip of Jack's affair coming out and I have to say that everyone in that scene was on point; however, I am over the Slater women sleeping around the Square. It's old. They're like turnpikes at this point, as everyone has ridden them. But I am glad that Diane Parrish/Denise is getting some shine in this story. I love that she is emerging as the star of the fallout of the Xmas episodes. 

• Members

Oh I definitely can understand your frustration with the Slater women. I guess I can tolerate it still, since I haven't watched in years and years, so I missed a lot of it. But even I wasn't a fan of Stacey and Jack's affair. But indeed, there was some great acting and some exciting scenes coming out of it. And Denise is really awesome. I saw now March 18 and Denise is trying to get her life back on track and she is really telling Stacey off. And I am loving it!

Speaking of, I did not expect that Jack and Stacey would have a kiss at Denise's house, my God, they can really go low, those two... But they did surprise me that it was not Denise's who caught them (as I was expecting), but a returning Martin!  I hope he really destroys both Stacey and Jack now!! 

And once again, what Dean is doing to his own daughter is deplorable. 

• Members

Oh snap!!! March 19 was amazing!!!

So Martin caught Jack and Stacey kissing, and at first I thought they (and Kathy) managed to talk him out of saying something. But when Chelsea caught wind of something happened, she started telling Martin all sorts of things that triggered him into telling her the truth. And then [!@#$%^&*] hit the fan!!! 

Chelsea revealing it in front of Denise and the kids... and then everyone dumping on Stacey and Jack! hahahaha It was awesome! It's what Stacey and Jack deserved.

Jack and Martin had a huge fist fight, Lily cried and yelled at Stacey, Chelsea slapping Stacey, Harvey even telling Stacey he was disappointed, Martin REALLY dumping on Stacey.... It was so soapy and so good to see this reveal and the downfall of Stacey and Jack. WELL DESERVED! And great acting once again.

• Members

After finishing yesterday's episode, I guess I was wrong and these might as well be Ben's final episodes, as he was expressly arrested for something that happened last year while I was not watching. LoL So I guess thats it

I sort of wish there was more build up to this, but oh well.. I am tired of the Mitchells so one less

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This week was exciting! I did not think they would find the body now. But I guess 3 months is good enough time to hide the body..  I wonder where they go from here and really I wonder how it ends. I mean one of the 6 is going to end up in jail finally.. Has to be Linda, right? I dont see how she gets out of this. Maybe they find some surprise security camera at the vic that recorded everything and Linda gets off easier? 

Lets see! But good week behind us! Although this Sharon arrest was reeeally rushed. Based on that voicemail that Bernie had? That was no evidence that she killed him. To make her a prime suspect? Sure. But to outright arrest her? Nah.. Phils lawayer will get her out straight away.

• Members

I am finding Yolande's storyline with the Pastor interesting. I wonder where it will go. He is clearly getting too close to her, but he manipulated her into thinking it was all in her head. I wonder if (boxing) Denzel will beat him up or something, if he does something to Yolande. 

I am not sure I am liking the ladies framing Dean for Keanu's murder. I don't like Dean at all, but still...

• Members

George's storyline comes to an end. It was a good story arc. I enjoyed it. Great acting and interesting topic. With Eddie in jail and Gloria dying (once again great acting by Colin Sampson, but also lady who plays Gloria), I wonder where this takes George. If this storyline will have any repercussions. Maybe George will seek out his brothers (I assume not), but Eddie mentioned George's son at some point, I think? Maybe he will look for him.

And then there is the UK police... who seem to arrest you as soon as someone says you did something. lol It was funny that Linda went to give a statement that she saw Dean drag something into the Cafe, and they immediately went and arrested Dean for Keanu's murder. No proof whatsoever. Sure, during that interrogation police found the murder weapon, but that was after they arrested him. But anyway, I wonder if this sticks. Would this be the end of the Six storyline? It cannot be, can it? I would not like it if this is the end and Dean just takes the fall.

• Members

To continue my monologue lol

The Yolande episode was very well done. I really loved how they did the assault, they didn't show it as that would be too much and then muffled sound as she walks out of the room into other people, tears, running out, until eventually taking shelter in the Laundromat, where Elaine finds her and then have their conversation with the scenes of other women he assaulted throughout the years, reflecting all aspects of what happened and what happens next (church hiding it, police not being able to do anything, hurt and broken relationships...

I think the actress did a wonderful job and I am curious to see what happens next and how they will bring Pastor down, because he is disgusting!!

It's a really touchy but important topic. Sexual assault by clergy happens and people feel helpless with reporting it and often struggle to accept that a man of God would do this or that others would believe that he would do it, all of which was showcased here, which is great. Now the resolution of this story will hopefully showcase that at least sometimes justice wins.