EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

I just watched it! It was really good! Loved the acting, it gave both actors so much to do and it is amazing that they are giving so much material to their senior cast members. I really enjoyed the episode. 

However, I really hope this is not the end for this story.. This episode was a rollercoaster of emotions, going from finding out, to shame, to anger, to blame, to rage, to laughter, to love... This is such a traumatic experience, these feelings cannot be resolved in one conversation. So I hope this storyline continues. I did like that Patrick (as many men of his generation) sort of blames Yolande for not rejecting Pastor's advances more firmly, which gives us a great moment of Yolande throwing the glass and yelling at him explaining the situation to him. 

And I wonder if she will just go to the church and they will just move the Pastor to a different parish. I know this happens in real life and going to the police now would be useless since they have no evidence. I know the show is going for realistic, but sometimes they should just go with the happy ending route and just catch and sentence the rapist. 

Oh I see what you mean completely. I only have been back not even a full year, so maybe I watched and saw all the murders, I would probably hate them too haha I do like Suki as well! That's why I would break her up from Eve and get her into a more exciting relationship

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Watching the Patrick and Yolande two hander and it was so very well written, it felt like I was a stranger intruding, watching them have a personal and eye opening discussion. It ranged from tears, to anger, to laughter, to demonstrating the love these two have for each other. Kudos to the actors involved. 

• Members

I have to remind myself that Rudolph Walker is 84 years old and he’s still relatively energetic and sprightly (to the extent that he did that mad dash to catch up with Yolande when she first returned) and I shouldn’t do this but then to compare him to other people younger than him with less spring than him.

• Members

It was bound to happen, but Eastenders finally managed to beat Emmerdale in the ratings the week of the April 29th. I wonder if it will soon become a regular thing for the show. I hope this wakes up ITV, their soaps seem to be in trouble IMO. 

Link to the thread on DS.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2282259/soap-ratings-thread-part-7/p79

https://www.barb.co.uk/viewing-data/most-viewed-programmes/

Barb viewing figures. 

• Members

Wow, it's been a long time since I even checked out UK tv ratings, so I had no idea that Emmerdale had better ratings than EastEnders

Please register in order to view this content

But I hope they do go back to being higher than Emmerdale. Even though I haven't watched Emmerdale in ages and have no idea what their quality is lol