EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Really amazing episode! They really did explore so many angles. 

I did not realize that the man was George's father, so it was such a shock for me. I had chills when Gloria stormed in and George started to figure out the truth.

Wow, awesome! Everyone did such a great job!!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I loved Thursday's episode! So much happened... Jack ditching Denise to be with Stacey (heartbreaking

Please register in order to view this content

); George having that intense scene with Denzel while boxing, followed up with a confrontation with his mother; Johnny and Gina worked together to delete the recording from Dean, which lead to Linda cutting her hand and the frantic scrubbing of the floor to everyone's shock; Linda admitting to Johnny that she killed Keanu!!!! 

Performances were really good all around!

• Members

Omg, Monday!!! 

Denise has really gone crazy!!

Someone stole the murder weapon!! Omg!! 

Really good episode, I really squeeked at the ending haha

George calling Cindy was very predictable. I liked Johnny/Linda talk as well as Stacey and Denise. 

Excited to watch what happens next!!

• Members

Wow, Wednesday and Thursday.... heartbreaking, watching Denise crumble, while Jack, Chelsea, Amy and others round up around her. Great acting! And I really did not think the story would go in this direction in December. And I still have no idea where this is going. This is a serious thing for Denise, it cannot go away easily. So I am curious how they tackle this going forward.

And on top of this, the knife is missing!!! Who took the knife?!

• Members

I've been lurking in here as of late and reading the commentary and opinions of folks lately.

Should I dive back into EE at this time? 

I am so glad that they are FINALLY utilizing Diane Parrish (Denise) to her fullest again. I never understood why she got cast aside at times when she had delivered at all times since the character's inception. 

That aside, how many Brannings is Stacey gonna screw? She's like the Brooke Logan of Walford. Just going through the family.

• Members

I am enjoying it quite a lot. But considering there are so many people that hate it, I guess it will all depend on what you like... BTW, if you are only interested in Denise scenes, she might be off screen for a bit. They way they rotate the characters, and the way she was shipped off to the hospital now, maybe this is a way for to give some rest to her. This is all my speculation, I don't follow casting news or spoilers, so I might be fully wrong lol

Edited by Manny

• Members

I've never seen that promo. Top quality work from them as always.

IIRC the talented Sarah Phelps wrote those scenes though I may be wrong. Den's return had such promise early on, it's a shame it got torpedoed mostly by outside factors IMO. I still miss him and think fondly of that story.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Just caught up with this week.. and omg!! How fun was it all the Panesars coming together and kicking Nish out of the house?!

But I do wonder what he will do next to get back at them. 

It is also interesting how one by one people are finding out... Stacey told Jack, that was interesting I wonder if he visits Denise soon and talks to her about it. 

And Dean, what a piece of [!@#$%^&*]!!! Taking the medicine from his own daughter... wow! I mean, I get he wants to keep her in town, but still... disgusting!

Anyways, enjoying Eastenders a lot still! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I fell behind again and I am trying to catch up now. 

This George storyline has really made me a fan. It is so heartbreaking and I love all the beats that are happening. When Eddie and Gloria first arrived, I was annoyed, to be honest. But once the story turned into George's true parentage and racism, wow. I just finished watching March 13, after Eddie's trial, George meets Angela, a friend of his mom and learns some more things... heartbreaking

And Colin Sampson has been amazing!!