EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Indeed, and I have been enjoying every minute of Denise!! 

Maybe it is an unpopular opinion, but I find Callum boring lol So I was hoping he would leave with Ben

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I can see that. Callum used to be more interesting with a personality before Ben came along. Being with Ben (who the show felt always had to be front and center) for so long drained the life out of the character. Without Ben, there's an opportunity to reset the character. 

• Members

Ok, then great! Looking forward to seeing more of his personality once Ben is gone.

Since I only came back to EE last year and Callum and Ben were already together, I never got to see Callum alone. 

• Members

Ooh, new Johnny is hot!! 

Great acting by Kellie Bright since Christmas. I already pointed out Diane Parish, but Kellie has been great as well!! 

I never saw the character of Johnny before, so looking forward to see the dynamic between Johnny and Linda.

• Members

Just watched today’s Knight-focussed episode of Eastenders.

Wow We.

One of the most nuanced and true-to-life expirations of racism as was, and as is. 

It might not chime with everyone (indeed I’m waiting for some in the media to invoke the ‘w-word’) but I found it very thought-provoking.

• Members

@LondonScribe absolutely agree, fantastic episode. Still incredibly soap while handling various issues of being black in a mixed community in a way that felt very real, I’m impressed.

I haven’t seen colorism tackled on tv the way it was with Gina and Anna, major props to the writing team and the actresses for going there.

Poor George! I had kind of pieced the victim being his birth father together but it was still a good gut punch when it landed. 

The moms reveal at the end was so good lol, I just really enjoyed all of this.

• Members

Absolutely gripping episode. There's not much more I can say about about the Feb. 14th episode, that hasn't been said already. I loved the added depth to Gina and Anna's relationship with the discussion of colorism. The actors playing Eddie and Gloria are also knocking it out of the park. Colin Salmon has been nothing short of remarkable since his arrival, and EE must do everything in its power to keep him for a long time. I even tolerated Elaine's character who tends to be theatrical during much of her screen time. Great work to the EE production, writing, and cast for airing such a moving episode. 

Edited by MichaelGL

• Members

For years off and on I've wished an impossible wish that General Hospital in the States could land Colin Salmon as Laura Spencer's new love interest (he's done worse gigs!). I've been down bad for him since Prime Suspect 2 with Helen Mirren and his Bond films. I am glad a soap has got him and that he seems to be being embraced after a ropey intro story I still don't understand. I'll have to check in and watch.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I wish there were just clips posted of the story, as so much of the show is cold, plot-led and heartless, it will likely get in the way of the better moments.

Edited by DRW50