EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree, but I think people ultimately set themselves up to fail when they take this mindset. This is what happened with Kate Oates - her arrival was treated by many as if she were wafting down on a cloud. Then she produced some of the worst trash in the history of the show, which just made the betrayal even fresher because of delusions.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Six for me had awesome moments, but if this is its final resolution, then it is terrible

Please register in order to view this content

But aside from that, I am now having issues with copy/paste storylines... we just had one friend sleeping her friend's guy (Stacey/Jack/Denise) and we just had a father coming back with an agenda (George's storyline). And I enjoyed both! But literally few weeks after these stories are done (in George's case even less), we are getting both again with Lauren/Zack/Whitney and Billy's dad coming. 

Currently, I am only really interested in Yolande's storyline. Although I fear how it will handled. I worry the Pastor will not be caught just because Yolande didn't go forward with calling the cops, and now there is no evidence. 

Aside from this and the aforementioned repeat storylines, we don't really have anything happening.

Oh yeah, there is Jay's storyline, I guess.. But I don't really care enough about Nadine, so yeah.

As all of you said, I hope we get some storylines for the sidelined characters like Chelsea, Cindy, Peter, Martin, Ravi, Alfie, Freddie (when is he coming back???), Kathy...

I hope Alfie's cancer storyline is not finished as well. It had some nice moments, but not nearly enough for a lifechanging storyline like cancer. 

Didn't Ravi kill that guy and Denise had that video that got deleted? Is that never going to come back to get revealed? I mean, they were kind of going there with Martin and Ravi fighting for Priya, but I just dislike Avani..

I assume Reece's wife will wake up from her coma or whatever now that Sonia is pregnant. I could get into that storyline. 

I would be fine if they cut any of the Mitchells, Callum, Avani, I would be fine with them cutting Linda as she goes to prison, Bernadette, Howie, Eve, Felix.....

• Members

Don't forget the nice with a history of sexual assault. I never cancelled my BritBox subscription (mainly because I want to watch all of Keeping Up Appearances and Are You Being Served? this summer lol), so I tuned in to Easties a few weeks ago, and it happened to be the ep where Yolande is raped. The whole story reminded me too much of Stacey/Leo. I can't see myself jumping back in, no matter how deeply and madly and stupidly in love I am with Jamie Borthwick and Thomas Law.

• Members

Oh you are right! That is also somewhat a copy of a recent storyline. I forgot about Theo since I started watching the show again when the Theo storyline was coming to its end. I do prefer Yolande's storyline just because it deals with a sexual abuse within church which I haven't seen on a soap opera before, so that gives it an interesting layer. But outside of that, it is indeed a copy of a recent storyline. 

They really should get more creative. 

• Members

I swear Ravi killing his father and it coming out, was supposed to lead up to Kherat's return somehow (around Christmas). But like the Freddie paternity story(with Little Mo), it seemed to be written around wishful thinking that certain actors would commit for at least a brief visit. 

It's crazy how little Ravi has been shown, or any follow up to his stories. 

• Members

This is the end result of a show that is wholly plot-based. He was given a pointless ex and daughter (the latter only getting attention when people talk about how old the actress is), and will presumably reunite with his ex when the plot demands, rather than due to any buildup. It feels like the character is on hold until awful Nish returns.

• Members

I wouldn't mind dysfunctional, but it's just the fact so many of them have been involved in murders, and some more than once. I quite like the actress who plays Suki, but wish they had been written differently. 

I'm so glad Yolande's back, she should never have been axed back in 2008. 

• Members

What a surprise to see Yolande back. I had no idea Angela Wynter was also playing Ruby Sunday's adopted grandmother on the new Doctor Who (starting Friday!) - she looked absolutely unrecognizable in a much less put-together part in the Christmas special. Good for her!