EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Happy New year!!

I enjoyed this episode!! Love Lauren, so its great to have her back. Never saw Penny before and had no idea she was jn a wheelchair, so thats interesting. Will have to read the character bio.

I am curious how that plays out.

I am not really into George's parents arriving.. dont see why we need them, but okay..

And Whitney is pregnant and Zack is getting drunk.. I can see where this is going..

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just watched 4 Jan episode..

I wonder why they are focusing so much on Penny and we haven't seen Lauren since her come back episode. I thought Penny trying to blame the cop on throwing her out of her chair was silly. Did she not think that there would be cameras? lol

I did enjoy the Whitney/Yolande talk. Very nice.

And I am enjoying the George storyline, even though it popped up out of nowhere. I do wonder what his parents are still keeping from him. 

• Members

I would guess Jacqueline Jossa had other commitments and could only film a limited time. 

The choice to focus so much just on Penny unfortunately reinforced how trite and repetitive these "long lost bad girl relative" stories are (Dotty deja vu).

• Members

Aah, okay, got it!

Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing more of Lauren as well as how she reacts to Penny putting her in jail and away from her son!! Some nice cousin drama!! 

• Members

They really do! I really enjoyed their scenes on Monday. In general I was happy to see Lauren! She's always been one of my favorites. And as soon as she came out of that taxi, I was thinking: My God... her brother died here, her sister died here.. both fell off the roof of the favorite pub... how does she manage to be around that place?! 

And then by the end of the episode, Lauren has an emotional moment about her dead grandma and sister... did she mentioned Bradley though? I think she didn't... which was weird, no? 

About the Six... it's a bit sad that they did not think about what to do with Keanu's body... they had to have known that at some point someone will come to rebuild the cafe, no? And also, they did not think at all what to do if/when Nish wakes up. I get that on that specific night they were are scared and panicked and they did what they did. But it's been weeks since then and they only started discussing these two topics now when Nish is waking up and when builders came to fix the cafe?! 

To end on a fun note, I really enjoyed Cindy vs Lauren!

• Members

So I haven't watched the show for years, but I thought Penny hasn't been seen since she was a kid. Do she and Sonia know each other from before? If not, why are she and Sonia having drinks together and chatting like they are BFFs? Especially since Sonia is supposed to be Lauren's friend and Penny just totally screwed Lauren over by planting drugs in her bag. 

I enjoyed Lauren/Linda/Annie scenes. Not too much drama, so that was refreshing. I am glad Lauren accepted her without being furious at Linda for keeping this a secret. 

Regarding Nish being awake, why do I have a feeling that he is faking his amnesia? 

On a shallow note, Ravi is so hot.

• Members

I'm getting the feeling that because Penny and Sonia are cousins, the show wants us to believe that Penny has been in contact with the Brannings since childhood, just never showing up on the square. I'm not sure if we've seen Penny since she was a kid though.

From Wiki;

2009-2023: Mentions

In March 2010, Ronnie asks Jack about Penny and he says she is doing fine without him and that Penny made the right decision to go to France. In October 2013, Jack moves to France to reconnect with Penny, briefly returning to Walford for a visit during Christmas 2015. After Jack permanently returns to Walford, Penny calls Jack in December 2016 to tell him she cannot attend his second wedding to Ronnie because of a doctor's appointment in Paris.

On 18 February 2020, Penny was mentioned by Max Branning when Max and Jack were having a fight.

• Members

OMG!! You are absolutely right!! lol I completely forgot that Sonia is a Branning on her mother's side.... OMG! I miss Carol! She should come for a visit

• Members

Well, I am gonna be shallow again.. but my God, Zack's body in this episode.............

I enjoyed Sonia bringing Lauren and Penny to hash it out. But are the French drug dealers not gonna go after Penny after ratting on them? That storyline is over now?

Omg, loved the Six (or the Five in this case) panicking and bickering in the cafe!! Denise dropping into the hole was 

And then we see that her necklace has dropped into the hole!! 

I did not care about the Mitchells AT ALL! I wish they would all leave (minus Jay).