EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

One of the stories from January said that Maisie Smith was planning on leaving once her contract finished in October (and then obviously add in the filming gap which brings us to this month).

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/13755746/eastenders-maisie-smith-quits/

Tiffany finally departed on Tuesday.

Edited by Dion

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Kim played the role from 2002-2005, then when  John Yorke had a big role at the BBC in the late '00s, he brought Danniella back and tried to make the character very tarty and ridiculous (which she had never really been to that degree before). Danniella was there for part of 2009, for a few parts of 2010, then returned briefly in 2016 for Peggy's funeral. Danniella's behavior was erratic enough in the '10s that I was surprised she was asked back in 2016. I wonder if that led her to think she would always get to come back if she wanted to do so. 

Most of Sam's time with her family was with Danniella - Kim was only on the show with Barbara Windsor for about half her run, and Steve McFadden was also gone for the last year and a half of her tenure. I sometimes wonder if that is why Danniella returned for those last few stints. 

I do feel bad for her, but she has been deeply unstable for a long, long time. 

• Members

She also lost out on a role on  Hollyoaks due to her issues (she played it then was meant to return for a longer stint - instead, another character came on, very similar, to finish out the storyline). 

I don't think it helps that trash sites like Metro ran headlines claiming that EE "axed" Danniella by bringing back  Kim, when that is just not the case. She was lucky to ever get to play the part again, to be honest. And I say that as someone who did like her in the part more often than not. 

• 3 weeks later...