EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I really loved Mona's work as Blossom. She gave so much warmth and dignity to her part. At the time I started EE, I was burnt out on American soaps, where a character like her would never be allowed and if she did would just show up twice a year. The first run of the Jackson family was strength to strength, and Mona was a huge reason why. 

• Members

Rest In Peace

Please register in order to view this content

such tragic news. So many losses in the last 3 years of soap stars. 

The new character got introduced and it felt quiet like the old EastEnders! More pub scenes with singing, more cheeky on-liners. I think EE could be turned around again

• Members

The return NO ONE really asked for lmao

There is a rumor that Samantha W. (Ronnie) will appear too down the line. I guess it will be a dream/ghost thingy. I think EastEnders is quiet exciting again these days.

I just wish they would get rid of Kat for good. I can’t stand that women

• Members

Jon Sen returned to medical drama, Casualty, the show he was in prior to Eastenders. This time as Executive Producer. So he’s driving the day-to-day operations. And you can definitely tell he’s in charge.

Having previously driven the increased  use of (mostly dark, moody) incidental music and CGI in his previous capacity as senior director, he’s now also driving story, and the show is so grim.

And outgoing Series Producer, Loretta Preece wasn’t all sweetness and light herself, producing the very first Covid-19 death on British TV.

But I wonder if his sensibilities were even too dark for her.

Eastenders-wise, I’ve not watched much of it since Chris Clenshaw’s name appeared on a regular basis.

What are people’s early impressions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...