EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why was Dotty so confident that Dot's house was going to be left in her name? Is she just being entitled or was this promised to her at some point? The way she's asking is extremely weird for someone who was in and out of Dot's life and has plotted against her many times.

Edited by Dylan

• Members

Isn't Janine's last day tomorrow?

I can see giving Mick a big exit and I think it's kind of fitting someone as big as Janine could take him down, but I also don't see the use of her character's longevity being potentially squandered on his exit.

It's a lot of opera, but it's still a more compelling setpiece for me than various other much more forced disasters/shocks in recent years, like Dennis' totally unnecessary death or Mel's truly bizarre demise (not that I was shedding a tear for her).

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yes.

The main problem with EE of recent years is they so often go with what sounds iconic on paper, but poorly translates onscreen. Everything with Mick and Janine was exactly that. Not helped by the actors taking many, many breaks and the show accommodating this because everything has to be stalled out for Christmas.