EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This Lily pregnancy story surprisingly has wide reaching effects, and the actors involved seem very committed to it. Stacey in her maternal mode also feels weirdly similar to Pauline in her more likeable days. 

EastEnders, in recent years, also has a bad tendency to hit you over the head with everything. Jessie Wallace and the directing team did an amazing job of subtly conveying Kat’s inner turmoil in today’s episode as she learnt the news of Lily’s pregnancy. They didn’t even have to mention Kat’s own experience with Zoe for you to get how triggering this news was to her, it was all in her face. If only they would get Kat out of that poisonous relationship with Phil. 

• Members

@BetterForgotten @Bright Eyes @Vee

At first I just watched this (which was brand new to me - not even mentioned on IMDB) as I saw that it has Shreela Ghosh, who played Naima (a fave of mine), but it's a genuinely very strong family drama. There are a number of other EE actors in it as well, including the woman who played Sanjay's mother in the late '90s.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

That Alfie/Kat-Drama is doing my head in lately. 
Phil - The big Boss. I can’t take his gangster storylines anymore. Now I get why the Grant actor Ross won’t reprise his role. He knows they would trash his character too. He always says „Never say never“ but I doubt that we will see him anytime soon.

Keanu is 1 character I really feel sorry for. That Phil even threatened Karen a few episodes ago with such cruelty to make sure that Keanu stays away otherwise she will see her child buried.. What the actual F? 

• Members

Storywise the show is still not working for me, but the character moments and relationships have come a long way. This past episode was one of the few in the last decade where Sharon felt like her old self and not Letitia vamping or struggling to find the heart of the character.