EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

While I agree that Cindy's prison death seemed oddly convenient, her daughter's entire story was based on her mother's death.  And, given the lengths that Cindy went to kidnap Ian's other kids, we'll need a lot of exposition to explain why she wouldn't have been part of her daughter's life. 

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lola‘s story is hitting so hard. Little Lexie is doing an phenomenal job. That one scene where she is in the hospital from May 17th was so heartbreaking.

I love how Billy changed from the hardman to a family man. Him and Lola are so amazing 

i always wonder if child actors and actresses are suffering mental from heavy storylines they have to be involved in.

I really want Danielle/Lola to win this year. But the Corrie fans are always shooting against EastEnders

Please register in order to view this content

Next Week will be Lola‘s end. Im not ready yet 

• Members

Lola‘s death was hitting hard. I still can’t cope even If it’s fictional

The whole storyline showed that EE still got some life in it and great dialogue and writers knowing how to write a perfect farewell storyline! 
EE for best Soap 2023! Not even Corrie comes close now!

all scenes of Lola with Lexie broke my heart. I can’t stop crying! I mean it

but can we praise Jay, Billy and Honey during all of this? What a talented cast

Only one nearly ruined the vibe was Ben! I can’t stand him. He is so freaking annoying and selfish. I wish Callum would be freed of that [!@#$%^&*]. 

(Stacey‘s plot is obvious. Her OnlyFans PAL is that new teacher for sure! And what the hell? Her 12 year old daughter calling her insulting names even though she is a 12 year old pregnant girl. Lily kinda looks like the old Lauren Branning from the late 2000‘s)

• Members

I feel bad for Freddie's actor, his mother Jade Goody died from cervical cancer when he was young. So I hope the storyline wasn't too hard on him. 

I hate the introduction of the knight family though, Felt like they completed shifted off Lola’s death, and didn’t give the aftermath justice. And, That was always going to happen. In two months' time, it will be Lola Who? To the residents of Albert Square. Its how EastEnders has always been.

• Members

I was at the British soap awards and EastEnders won BEST SOAP! Well deserved even though it looked so hard that the „experts“ tried to sabotage the other awards judged by the panel! Weird that nearly all public votes went to EE. So those experts seem to try their best to shut them down „inner circle“! Nice try though!

Hollyoaks winning best storyline while Lola‘s story is up there and the acid one from Corrie? Suuuuure. Who are they trying to fool lol

The loudest crowds were ME & my fellow EE fans and the ones from Corrie. Hollyoaks had a few cheers but they were so quiet most of the time. Emmerdale fans felt like a shadow from the crowd that cheered them on last year!

Danielle/Lola won BEST LEAD out of all gender neutral actors and actresses! I swear Danielle was nominated like 3-4 times and jury shut her down. But the public gave her what she deserved! When the actress came into the Lowry Halls to sit down on her seat WE ALL cheered, made noises and yelled her name and then the whole Room cheered loud and proud LOLA LOLA LOLA… She was definitely a well deserved winner and fan favorite. She even nearly broke down crying and looked like she couldn’t believe that she got that many fans. Such standing ovation for her and all the others and Billy and Honey‘s actors got some real love too. But I bet they don’t show this because it was before we started taping. 

I mean best partnership on screen got to Doctors while Lola and Jay were up to there? Sus.. BUT I believe they gave it to Doctors because that actress was leaving after 14 years. 

Younger Actress was won by Liliane/Lily Slater! I was quite surprised by that tbh. I was happy for her but I thought Bobby Costello from Oaks had it in his bag. 

Villain of the year got to Ravi. I was like: WTF! But then I heard whispering how hot he is and blah blah blah. The didn’t vote for him coz he was a good villain. They voted for him coz they are thirsty for him lol That Eric actor from Oaks got robbed there !

Before the show started we all waited for the stars to arrive Keanu‘s actor and the one from Zack were welcoming each other with a kiss on their mouth. That was hilarious

Chelsea‘s actress was so nice and even laughed friendly at my Lola chanting and gave me a sign that my outfit looked cool.

Jack‘s actor even sent me some kisses up. He is like the funniest guy alive. I don’t get why he is always so grumpy on the show and miserable when his actor is like the complete opposite! Hilarious guy. I love him so much

Freddies actor gave me a handshake and was so nice. He was like his character tbh. He’s not acting on EE. He is just being himself! 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm loving it. All the buzz and excitement. 

I also love the fact that it's bound to thrust the Beale family back to the forefront (rightfully), and hopefully we will get the return of Cindy Jr and Peter (recast PLEASE). 

Edited by MichaelGL

• Members

I also think it has more impact because of the spoilers.  If I hadn't read that Cindy was returning, I think that I would have been confused by the cliffhanger because I would've assumed the actress was playing a different part.

Edited by j swift