EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't have a problem with the sequence's execution, or the concept of a soap doing a time jump in theory - I like a time jump well-executed. I just feel like EE keeps chasing stunts when it doesn't need them. This feels like another.

• Members

It's giving an Archie redux, and I was hoping Linda would have a more interesting story for this year.

As always, Christmas in the square is miserable. 

I wonder if they already filmed the sequence to insert into the Christmas show as insurance?  Meaning, did they film the whole death scene, or are they just hoping that nothing happens to any of the actresses between now and December.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I'm interested in this flash forward, however the lead up to it is the least of my concern, what about after Christimas 2023? I really do think the show will lose steam or seemingly meander in trying to properly play all the proper beats once it's revealed who was killed. We'll spend all of 2023 working up to the murder mystery, and then spend all 2024 playing the aftershock of the murder? Yikes. 

Edited by MichaelGL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Like @Vee said: British soaps tend to lock their stars in. As for hair, the only two we'd need to worry about are Denise, Kathy & Stacey, but I think we're going to be fine. And every single actress involved seems excited for the story, so I don't see them exiting on their own accord.

• Members

Guys, it was a joke.

Half of them are wearing extensions or full on wigs. And I know British soaps announce departures well in advance. Usually with some hyperbole about how exciting the exit is going to be.

• Members

I've stopped watching the show again. It's better than it was, but it still feels clumsily plot-driven and outside of some select moments, lacking in any real meaning or heart. I also don't care about most of the characters constantly being shoved at viewers. 

• 2 weeks later...