EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I do think the cast is bloated and they should probably even cut another 5 more, but you are right, this isn't going to fix the core issue that most of the stories just aren't any good. This just isn't a well written show that's worth watching most days. 

Of the ones leaving, the only one I'm upset about is Stuart. I do like him and Callum, I'd rather see their nan Vi leave. She serves no purpose. 

What also sucks is this leaves the Beales, an original family down to just Kathy and Bobby, that's inexcusable. This Peter needed to go, but how they managed to piss Adam Woodyatt off so much that he doesn't seem to want to come back is beyond me. 

• Members

Lola leaving doesn't bother me, I do think killing her off is a bad and stupid idea. It's obvious Ben and Callum will end up getting Lexi to raise eventually. While I love Callum, I don't even want him back with Ben, let alone with Ben and stuck raising that spoiled brat Lexi. I would have had Lola and Lexi leave for a new life elsewhere and Ben not being part of Lexi's life can be "punishment" for all the sins he got away with, instead he's probably going to get rewarded.  Doesn't sit well with me. 

• Members

I would have given it to Chris Chittell as Emmerdale is turning 50 and they have never gotten any of these, but I'm very happy for Letitia, who is always there, pitching in, even with awful material for eons. Lovely to see Anita too, playing along with the audience and bringing some glam. And it made me smile that she asked Anita to stay up there with her.

• Members

And people hating on FB/Insta/Reddit etc. on Emmerdale and claiming that ED is not worthy of winning best soap  and EE is the best soap!

But then I read stuff like rapist developes feelings for Callum and new producer and cast shake ups!

Please register in order to view this content

Can‘t make up this stuff 

• 3 weeks later...