EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Jessie Wallace has been such a mess for so many years, it's easy to forget how sharp her instincts could be. The fact that she screamed that line (her own choice, not the writers) has stayed with me for years. Sometimes you have to punch it.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So it returned last night.  Grading on a curve and giving them some leeway to adjust to the new filming techniques, it was a fairly decent episode. Not sure if "fairly decent" is enough though. The overnights it got 3.35 million viewers, which is about a million viewers less than what it was getting in the Spring. So similar drop off that B&B and Y&R experienced. 

• Members

They were off the air for about the same length that EastEnders was. Here's the link to the latest ratings thread: 

Y&R is still way down. B&B looks to have recovered somewhat, but both are still 1 million lower versus last year. 

Edited by wingwalker

• Members

I'm not surprised either.

Max hasn't really served any purpose since his revenge story flopped and was truncated by two years.

Edited by Dion
originally wrote 'truncated by a year' but then remembered it was originally supposed to go for 3 years so it was truncated by 2 years

• Members

I don't think Lacey going on maternity leave disproves the other story. The actor that plays Max, is a high paid actor, leaving the show and from the articles, sounds like it was a show decision. Adam who plays Ian, is the highest paid actor on the show, is going on a ten week "story dictated break".  Actress who plays Sonia has yet to appear in a single new episode and the show has been back for 3 weeks. Judging from her social media, doesn't look like she's been filming much. 

While it might not be a crisis as dire as that article makes it sound like, I think there is very much some degrees of truth to it.