EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I do remember that now. But yeah feels like it could be it, simply due to her age.

She does? I don't watch regularly ATM but it seemed like she was quite featured last year? Is she on some break or appearing less now? (Who could blame her? I keep waiting to hear she's leaving, personally)

Why do viewers put up with the obvious shock plots that are literally killing the next generation? As a bunch of nobodies runs around town? I still don't understand making all the offspring so evil or psycho or awful. It seems lazy most of the time and has become vastly overdone. I guess "nice" is boring, eh?

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Eastenders isn't very good at the moment.  I loved the Anniversary/boat crash week and thought the show did do a good job setting up new stories, but the aftermath has been mostly lackluster. Most of the stories are either dull or bad.  The only story I'm enjoying is Ben's being deaf and even that, I feel that Ben didn't actually need another big story, I would have rather they gave Callum the big story instead. 

Hopefully with production on hiatus due to the Coronavirus, they use the opportunity to see what's working and what's not. I would just dump nearly every story and start fresh. 

• Members

Agreed. This week's two episodes were really good. Leitiita Dean did do an amazing job this week. I really felt for her, a parent shouldn't have to bury a child. The Ben and Callum stuff was really good too, Ben finally saying I Love You, for the first time since Paul. I pretty big milestone. Plus it was nice to just see them doing relationship stuff. I hope we continue to see more of that and less gangster stuff. 

I got so tired of all the dark misery. And haven't seen EE since Dennis died. I heard they only recently buried Dennis. That's crazy. I'm glad they cut all the played out gangster nonsense. I do like Ballum. But this being EE. I don't think it's going to end well for the boys. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I'm not super worried at the moment. While yes, it being EE and soap opera, the show will throw lots of drama their way and won't get lots of "down time". However, they are one of the show's popular couples and EE's first gay couple since Christian and Syed to take off. They are very popular on social media and with the British Soap Press, I think the show is smart enough to recognize that. I think the biggest concern might be if Tony or Max decide to leave, but as of now, neither has has any plans of going anywhere. 

• Members

The main problem is, as usual with Kate Oates, burning through story and the awful writing (the actors also visibly struggle with the scripts, for me, as the scripts are often so bad). I've seen a marked decrease in popularity over the last 4-5 months, which is likely one of the reasons that Max Bowden didn't win the National Television Award that he should have had on lock.

• Members

Last night's episode was infuriating.  As much as I hated the plot driven mess that was the "fake Keanu Death" story which lead to the boat crash, it still happened. I feel like there is ZERO repercussions or long term impact from any of it. We just go from bad plot to bad plot. 

Ben running around the square trying to save his dad. Why? He emotionally blackmailed you into ordering the hit on Keanu, then not even a month ago, Phil lied to you about sending the money to save Callum to which you then put a gun to Phil's head on the boat. At this point, Ben and Phil's relationship should be dead. Wasn't the original reason they brought Ben back was to take down Phil? I'd much rather have Ben hate Phil then constantly trying to gain his acceptance. 

Then the Sharon and Phil stuff, so I've never been of them as a couple, but I do know many viewers love them as a couple and no doubt, I knew they'd find themselves back together, but to me, it shouldn't be this fast. As a reaction to your cheating Phil tried to KILL your lover, Keanu and because the job wasn't done, we got the boat crash. Sharon shouldn't forgive Phil this fast. And just because Phil feels guilty for two episodes and spends one night in the slammer doesn't mean, me as a viewer I instantly forgive him for everything he's done. Cause I don't. Sure, unless they are writing off Phil, he wasn't ever going to do time, but there are alternatives on soaps.  At Christmas while the Mitchells planned this whole thing, Phil bragged about having all the Mitchells together, well now as a consequence he should be alone. He shouldn't have Sharon back, or Ben, or anyone else. He should have nobody and then slowly over the course of the year, maybe start winning some of them back.

• 1 month later...