EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I hope they don't go the easy route and kill Kush off. I'm sorry but UK soaps (on all fronts) have been on a straight nonstop killing spree since 2006. It's like a funk they've all been in. Long do I miss when characters would just get into a black cab and leave the Square, Street, or Village. I've become numb to characters leaving in a coffin. 

• Members

Kate Oates has form for producing long-running deaths. Remember, it was her who started the Ashley Thomas Dementia storyline in Emmerdale (though it was Iain MacLeod who took it over and concluded it), and Aiden Connor’s depression and suicide in Coronation Street.

And as we’ve seen, her day-to-day Executive Producer, Jon Sen, prefers long-form storytelling. At the risk of repeating myself, he apparently has story planned up to Christmas/New Year 2021/22.

I fully expect Kush to die, especially since the other long-planned exit made a point of the door being left open for the character to return.

Edited by LondonScribe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We are supposed to care for poor Mick being abused at 12 by his social worker? Danny Dyer is such a bad actor that I can't rely for a bit. 

Kathy lying about her age in a date was very insulting to Gillian Taylforth.

Except for the Gray killing Chantelle storyline, the show is awfully bad. Oh and of course, Phil Mitchell will get his hands on the kid he had with Denise...