EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

I liked Tina. I thought LBW was a very good actress who always tried her best, and the character felt more 'real' to me than most of the family that is left. Linda is as much a plot device as ever, just a waste of space, and Danny Dyer just has completely given up. 

In the last 15 or so years, EE is an anti-gay show at its heart, so the treatment of Tina is right along those lines. 

But let's all clap our hands in glee for "Queen Kate," savior of soaps.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Speaking of: It is not lost on me that the current version of Ben Mitchell (while played by a talented actor) is ruggedly masculine and as far removed from any prior nerdy, more intellectual or potentially pretty/effeminate incarnation of the character as possible. I can't tell him and Callum apart in many shots tbqh. I miss Harry Reid.

Edited by Vee

• Members

People thought EE was bad under John Yorke 2.0 last year but I actually enjoyed what his vision of EE came to be, it just needed a few months to take shape. 

I am betting that it is another fake out Re:Tina. At this point I don’t even care. They’ve taken a story that could have educated and taught the audience, and turned into a plot driven mess purely played for shock value. 

• Members

I prefer Max Bowden to Harry Reid but I don't like the "gay gangster" route they're trying to go with Ben. It's boring and Max isn't even very good at. It's usually the gangster/hard man stuff where he struggles the most. I think he does a good job the rare moments they let Ben be a bit campy and effeminate. If they stopped trying to turn Ben into a mini Phil it'd do wonders for the character. 

• Members

LOL wow! Maybe I should have bought a lottery ticket! Yikes.

Corrie and EastEnders feel so hollow. It's really sad. These shows finally suffered from what the US soaps have suffered from for a long time. Sad. Even when they had bad periods they were still, IMO, better than the US soaps at times. Now? lol 

That's been my take. I like Bowden, actually, but he doesn't really feel like Ben to me. 

I can see this from what I've watched. I'd have to agree. I do like him though but something about it just isn't working. They have OK chemistry but they feel like buddies most of the time LOL

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Happen to find this promo from 2001 which promotes Sharon's (Letitia Dean) return in 2001. Even though I like this promo it made out to be like Sharon was some scheming siren who existed in the 90's. And not part of the original cast who was part of the first family of The Queen Vic.