EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Future producers would have decimated Pat, who had already been significantly degraded as a character. I think killing her was, in the end, the right decision. 

I just want the current hack producer to go repeat her flop stories somewhere else. I don't care about the anniversary.

• Members

The promos are nice. That's about all I got.

Agreed it was a mistake to kill off Pat, Peggy and Pauline. But I can somewhat understand it in all three cases. However, it's kinda dirty to do that to Pat when the actress is practically begging you not to, if you will. Pauline was offed like she was nothing, that one irks me the most.

So far i've been enjoying the 35th anniversary week. I hope they don't kill any legacy kids. Not a fan of either Bex or Dennis. But it's rather shortsighted to kill a young legacy character. Like they did with Lucy a couple of yrs ago. I know EE is far from prefect. But it's still way better than the American soaps that lack any sort of real excitement. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Ummm, this situation is really odd. It seems June Brown's done a Beverlee McKinsey:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/feb/21/june-brown-says-shes-played-eastenders-dot-cotton-for-last-time

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a31028624/eastenders-june-brown-quits-dot-cotton/

Seems her final airdate was last month when Dot left for Ireland!

Somebody recorded the radio interview with June Brown's limerick.

• Members

He's not a Mitchell, so they don't give a damn. The Mitchells killed him and the show has continued to kill off the Watts family to try to prop up the wastes of oxygen that are Phil and his human trafficking, horribly acted son. 

I didn't even care about Dennis, but I'm sorry for the lost potential. 

Another example of "Queen Kate" failing to live up to the hype.