Toups

EastEnders: Discussion Thread

It was a mistake killing all three of them - Pat, Peggy and Pauline. Granted, Barbara had extenuating circumstances and Wendy had her own health issues but still.

Future producers would have decimated Pat, who had already been significantly degraded as a character. I think killing her was, in the end, the right decision. 

I just want the current hack producer to go repeat her flop stories somewhere else. I don't care about the anniversary.

So is this anniversary episode supposed to like The Poseidon Adventure? Or Sunset Beach's take on Poseidon Adventure, which I heard had a huge cult following in the UK? 

And if this stunt doesn't result in multiple people dying then there's no use for it. 

25 minutes ago, NothinButAttitude said:

So is this anniversary episode supposed to like The Poseidon Adventure? Or Sunset Beach's take on Poseidon Adventure, which I heard had a huge cult following in the UK? 

And if this stunt doesn't result in multiple people dying then there's no use for it. 

Most likely one person is going to die. People were initially speculating about Tina or Linda but now think it will be a man. And Keanu is going to hold Callum hostage.

The promos are nice. That's about all I got.

Agreed it was a mistake to kill off Pat, Peggy and Pauline. But I can somewhat understand it in all three cases. However, it's kinda dirty to do that to Pat when the actress is practically begging you not to, if you will. Pauline was offed like she was nothing, that one irks me the most.

So far i've been enjoying the 35th anniversary week. I hope they don't kill any legacy kids. Not a fan of either Bex or Dennis. But it's rather shortsighted to kill a young legacy character. Like they did with Lucy a couple of yrs ago. I know EE is far from prefect. But it's still way better than the American soaps that lack any sort of real excitement. 

ROrzMY.gif

917KpY.gif

r8N3mB.gif

oV95vk.gif

BN7W8W.gif

The show's been really bad since new year. I haven't seen the anniversary episodes yet but far too much Linda, the story has felt far too prominent and the Leo story is trash and has just been dragged out. 

Ummm, this situation is really odd. It seems June Brown's done a Beverlee McKinsey:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/feb/21/june-brown-says-shes-played-eastenders-dot-cotton-for-last-time

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a31028624/eastenders-june-brown-quits-dot-cotton/

Seems her final airdate was last month when Dot left for Ireland!

Somebody recorded the radio interview with June Brown's limerick.

He's not a Mitchell, so they don't give a damn. The Mitchells killed him and the show has continued to kill off the Watts family to try to prop up the wastes of oxygen that are Phil and his human trafficking, horribly acted son. 

I didn't even care about Dennis, but I'm sorry for the lost potential. 

Another example of "Queen Kate" failing to live up to the hype.