EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think it's been Sharon's best year in ages. I've enjoyed Kathy opening the gay bar. But it would be nice to see more of that. The NYE episode was brilliant. Probably the best episode I've seen  in years. Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it. Kellie Bright is really playing a blinder.

Edited by Edward Skylover

• Members

Really? I found it soooooo long. Okay Linda was drunk and drunk again and more and more. What a shitty episode. Okay Kellie Bright delivered it very well but I was bored during half an hour. She might get an emmy for the performance but I didn't find the writing any good.

• Members

I think the biggest shame is that episode represented what Denise and Kat have become - day players. The balance on this show is awful. Jessie Wallace and Diane Parish deserve so much better, and it's shocking that Oates/Sen haven't utilized them better.

I guess I expect Denise to receive that type of treatment by now, but Kat/Jessie is one of their most popular/recognizable actresses/characters, and she might as well go if Oates/Sen only see her as a day player. It might be for the best anyway, given the material most other have...

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

For one, I found it boring. I don't read spoilers and I still saw most of the twists a mile away (Except Linda firing the gun, that was a good twist) and we didn't even get that many twists either.  I didn't feel it was worth a gimmicky "flashback" episode, especially since I don't think Keanu is all that interesting of a character, nor that great of an actor. 

I'm glad you liked it though. Just shows that not everyone likes the same things. 

Edited by wingwalker

• Members

I think it was predictable but I enjoyed seeing it play out nevertheless. I'm just glad I'm enjoying the show again. For a long time it was becoming a 'talking heads' show. But yeah everyone enjoys different things and it's still far from perfect. The Christmas day episode was rubbish.

What does that mean? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Edward Skylover

• Members

Holy [!@#$%^&*] people are paid money to make this. 

Please register in order to view this content

Just watch Laser Cats instead. The effects are better and, in spite of current EE having a production team who seem to cast based entirely on how much they want viewers to jerk off, the men are hotter.