Toups

EastEnders: Discussion Thread

Hamish Patel, who played Tamwar Masood for about 8 years (rarely having anything to do - only in his last year or so did he have story) has been doing a lot since he left Eastenders. I'm glad as I always thought he was underrated. I don't think this movie looks that great, especially with Kate McKinnon doing her usual mugging, but I hope it does alright.

That's very sweet. Last year was probably her best year in a long time. I knew it wouldn't last, and it hasn't, but I decided to enjoy it while I could. 

Not watching, but from what I'm reading, sounds like Ben is once again being written awfully. Not surprised. EastEnders seems to have contempt for it's gay characters. Meanwhile, who isn't gay on HollyOaks? ;) lol 

1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

Not watching, but from what I'm reading, sounds like Ben is once again being written awfully. Not surprised. EastEnders seems to have contempt for it's gay characters. Meanwhile, who isn't gay on HollyOaks? ;) lol 

It's disgusting they made Ben a child trafficker. ShoddyImpureCaudata-small.gif

Edited by victoria foxton

3 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

New Ben is awful and horribly miscast.

He doesn't  even have the brotherly bff friendship/homoerotic chemistry with Jay. 

Edited by victoria foxton

The new Ben comes off as such a straight frat boy it's hard to imagine Phil would ever have had issues with his 'manliness' but I'm willing to give him a chance. At least someone realized Bex had story potential after what feels like years of being wasted, not sure her crushing on Kush is the best idea but it's a start. I'm so glad the Evie girl is gone on the other hand as it was the worst story for a time.

I always felt EastEnders wrote terribly for their gays. HollyOaks has so many various ones they trip over each other. I always feel what seems like resentment in EastEnder's writing, no matter who the head scribe is. But EE as a whole is often dark and miserable, I can never watch for very long stretches.

Edited by KMan101