EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I still watch. I don't post much here. I post mainly at Walford Web. 

The show has some alright moments, but is mainly the same damn scenes over and over, and way too much of Hayley and Stuart. 

Sadly with Kate Oates coming I imagine the worst will be on the way.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

When I'm up early on Saturday mornings, I always get into these PBS reruns. Then the credits roll and I realize I'm watching episodes from 11 years ago. :/

Today's episodes were about Patrick being attacked in the shop and Sean getting fingered by Chelsea and Deano.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Good to see Sean Mahon from Red Rock in Walford. His RR character was despicable but he was one of their MVP's. I surprisingly thought the prison storyline for Mick worked far better than anything else Mick in ages. It's weird they could see the Aidan/whatever his real name was and his drugs were plaguing the show and so they dropped it but with Stuart they're hell-bent on keeping him around when everyone is complaining.
Sharon/Keanu would have had more resonance had Phil taken to him as the son he desired and then he sleeps with his wife.
I've enjoyed Kate Oates' Corrie to be honest, so I hope she can do good things for EE as it desperately needs it. I'd like for her to bring on Louise Marwood as the new HBIC!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The Carter-free second half of October really made the show easier to get through. I like Hayley but I think she should have been tied to other people than the Slaters, some of her mannerisms and toughness makes me think of Kathy and that's one part of the canvas that could use something more.

I wonder if Kate Oates will switch things up at the Vic, she changed the landlords of both ED and Corrie's pubs, and it's time the Carters retired. My first bet would be on Martin and Stacey but it could go to new characters.

• Members

She did a poor job with this at Corrie and only changed the Emmerdale landlords at the very end of her tenure and I think that may have been due to Elizabeth Estensen's age. Either way, I wouldn't expect anything good from her. 

Hayley is just such a one-note bore. They have also dramatically regressed her, to the point where she struggles to even speak or walk. I have a feeling she was not the superstar with fans they expected her to be, so this is the result - nonstop pity parties. Katie Jarvis is 27, yet Hayley is written as if she was a teenager. It doesn't work. She also has zero chemistry with the real Slaters. 

• Members

Yeah, it's like Hayley has half her brain missing. I don't feel sorry for her, I mainly just skip her crap scenes. She's not a good actress either. If anything she should have been tied to the Taylors as she even looks too skanky to be a Slater which is quite an achievement, and I wish they wouldn't act like Keanu would look twice at her if this was real life as he obviously wouldn't, neither would he at Sharon either but I admit that story is quite entertaining so won't complain.