EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Anyone who has ever watch Eastenders knows who Ms. Windsor is. So sorry to hear about this. It seems that she has the love and support she will need to deal with this awful disease. She and her husband have been together since at least 2000?? That sounds like a truly committed relationship.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

He was a magnetic force even in his sadly truncated return. I loved what they were doing with Den Sr., Dennis and Sharon at that time, pushing them and phasing out Phil. It's sad how his life ended up, apparently several suicide attempts.

I'd forgotten Louise Jameson from Doctor Who was one of the first to urge him to get into acting when she was visiting prisons and he was still serving time.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Thank you for posting all these. Sarah Phelps' statement was beautiful. 

Den is one of the most iconic characters ever in British soap, and Leslie one of the most underrated actors. That era - his first era - has held up so strongly, and he is a big reason why. EE has tried, and failed, to recapture it ever since.

Edited by DRW50

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've seen people on another board saying they should just kill off Dot as she's off the show most of the time. How insensitive and wrong and offensive that would be.

I liked the Slater's Hour at first as it brought some light-hearted drama onto the show but now it's redundant. A little bit of Jean goes a long way. Kat feels like a background character and I can already see her quitting soon.

I don't know why they keep killing off their young characters, and those who stay are hardly ever properly used. Bex was one of the best parts of those dull SOC days but since the bullying storyline finished she has been given nothing. EE just isn't building its future self it seems. It's not going to be Halfway and Whitney. Stuart is a creep and I guess they want us to think he's to be Zsa Zsa's father?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/news/a863452/eastenders-casualty-holby-city-new-producer-kate-oates/

Reality is often more bizarre than fiction. 

And she’ll be overseeing Casualty and Holby City, too 😳

If I’m right, I believe this also makes her the first producer to get the ‘top job’ on the traditionally BIG 3 soaps (of the past 30 years) Of Eastenders, Coronation Street and Emmerdale.

Edited by UK LAW