Loving/The City Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can't imagine how much of a shock this must have been to viewers at the time who didn't read soap magazines. 

"She looked so pretty."

Debbi Morgan does so much with that one line.

Edited by DRW50

It's so bittersweet that Loving finally came into it's own. Towards the very end of it's run. I remember missing the episode that Stacey received the poisoned powder puff set. In the next episode Stacey dies. I was truly shocked. And for the first time ever i became hooked on Loving. Until it's final air date. It was quite jarring seeing long running core characters biting the dust.                 

Please register in order to view this content

It's hard to believe that James Harmon Brown and Barbara Esensten wrote this. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I can't think of a nicer surprise for this troubled time than all of the Loving Murders returning to us. But all of '90s Loving is often a strange, fascinating show to me - as I've said before, it's full of talented actors, great characters and mood, and was kind of Agnes' petri dish for other experiments and ideas/formulas she either had done or would do again later - even at AMC 2.0 in 2013. The different phases and experiments by others as well, like the college retool. One thing Ron Carlivati's goofy Loving nod in '13 on GH did get right was presenting Corinth as an eternally haunted town, shadowed by the Alden legacy.

Edited by Vee

• Members

This is bloody sensational. I’ve wasted the last few hours binging on that Loving Murders playlist. It appears a lot of the videos have only been uploaded today, so I assume there are more on the way (or at least I hope so). Right now, it’s up to the point of Clay’s death...

• Members

Even before the Loving Murders...the show had found its footing and an actual life identity months beforehand.  

Dare I say that Angie had quite a bit of use in the final year of Loving than she had at AMC in the final years.

I liked the nod to Ava and Stacy's history..and the cracks showing in Ava and Alex's marriage.  Though I always wondered why Ava didn't have make the cut..in terms of going to the City.  She worked in retail and clothes...SoHo would have been a natural fit for her...moreso than that drip Jocelyn.  

• Members

My local ABC affiliate did not carry Loving after 1990, and never carried The City.  They did pick up PC because a local talk show ended its run right as that show was hitting airwaves.

I’ve never seen more than a handful of Loving episodes, all surrounding the murders.  So I am really enjoying these updates.

The show has a good cast and the murders are creepy af.

Were AMC fans upset they killed Jeremy, or was he not all that popular?

I wish ABC had just retooled OLTL and AMC as half hour shows instead of cancelling them.  I enjoy that format for Loving so far!