• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@slick jones there are some names on here you may not have. @NothinButAttitude this is another Rick episode if you wanted to see more of him.

It feels like Loving tends to pour rather than rain when it comes to uploads - a few pop up right around the same time, then nothing for ages. 

I haven't seen much of this time period...sometimes I forget Ann was still around by this time. I wish we'd seen all of her bitchfest with Gwyn. I just love watching Gwyn in these days, as Christine Tudor is such a force of nature. Only GL came close to having this type of vibrant anti-heroine around this period of time. 

Perry Stephens was such a beautiful man.

Always nice to see a little of Colleen Dion, one of my picks for most underrated soap actors. 

I never cease to be amazed at how good Loving looks, even on a budget - moreso than many other soaps around this time. They must have had a talented design and visual team. 

So did Loving have a beauty credit around this point? (I wish soaps had never done away with those)

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The truth is, a team that's talented and dedicated to putting on the best show possible could work even with NO budget if they had to.  If today's soaps look crappy even next to "Loving," then it's because they have people in charge who gave up a long time ago or weren't that talented to begin with.

• Members

Wow. This is Steve's death storyline, isn't it? 

Not sure if @juniorz1  comes here anymore but they may want to see this clip.

Nicole Orth-Pallavinci - wasn't she the last Melinda on OLTL?

Jacqueline Courtney credited as "announcer." So I guess she must have made some intro for this episode?? Wish we couldn't heard it. This was after her gig as a madam, right?

• Members

Thanks for all of these LOVING episodes! It was the little soap that could. We have to remember that the show had a different EP and head writer every year it was on the air! How the crew and cast managed to keep things going to this standard is remarkable. 

My guess would be that LOVING had a budget on the same scale as B&B did during the period, hence the quality. Both were sold overseas and extremely popular in Italy. Fremantle handled the international sales for LOVING (as well as PRICE IS RIGHT) while the Bells had B&B. This is a guess, but knowing they were each owned by their creators, not the network, and rented one studio from the network, they were probably well-funded due to their international sales in addition to their domestic licensing fees (aka budget).

• Members

Tony had a flirtation with Ava and from what I remember he had a "mysterious past", he was a doctor or something. (Shades of Y&R's Brad Elliot?)

I liked Alice Haining and Colleen Dion as Cecelia. Rebecca Staab was kind of blant (or she just reminded me of a very bad GL era). The character could have been around for years as the show's blue-collar Lauren Fenmore against Trisha or Stacey.