Ron Carlivati interview

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's exactly how I described him to someone. I said they turned him into an ubervillain a la Spencer, only with a police badge. I hate this tendency the soaps have to make certain characters either ubervillains (like Stefano DiMera) who terrorize everybody or uber-heroes who get inserted into storylines that shouldn't need them.

Bitchy or not, I just want her to go to nowhere. She's been nothing more than a Cassie wannabe for me and I won't miss her.

Now that story really came out of nowhere.

And again, something that came out of nowhere, especially considering that since his introduction, Nash's defining trait has been his obsessive Tessica love. And, actually, I like Cris. (I know, not a popular opinion.) But for me he's okay for what he is, lol. Anyway, I don't care for Cris/Sara, though. She acts a good ten years younger than him. I dunno, to me, she's almost teenagerish in her manner and Cris is like 30.

This one I'm not sure of. I just hope he wasn't going be revealed to be Mitch Laurence. Seriously, that is one character that can drive me away from OLTL. It's happened twice before.

Oh, and I agree about Blair. I mean, her husband has their daughter basically monitored like a criminal, under "house arrest" at one point, and she didn't go ballistic?

I don't know if this was mentioned, as I can't see the article, but after the first time, I thought Lindsay bringing Clint all that information was ridiculous. I mean, Sam was a lawyer in Chicago, right? Okay, I can believe he had dirt in his files on the first BE rival. But then the next guy and the guy after come out of the woodwork. Just by coincidence, Sam had left behind dirt on all these people??? It was silly.

• Members

Yep, you will also hear a great deal about why no one is watching the show. It's the fault of the ignorant soap viewer who doesn't know what is good and what is not good. RC is a good writer. Every thing that is boring and bad about the show is someone else's fault, not the great one. Soap viewers don't know what is good. The only people who know what is good is internet experts.

By the way, what Toups didn't tell you is if you don't gush over Ron -- and he is boring IMO -- you probably shouldn't be reading SON at all. There is one point of view allowed about Ron C.: he is great. I think the guy is horrible and OLTL is a piece of crap. Now yes, I am very very very pissed that they are killing off a character I enjoy. You would be hard-pressed to find anything I said about Ron C. other than he is overrrated and boring prior to the decision, however.

Also, the interview is no big surprise. Ron C. and Frank Valentini have never taken responsibility for anything. That bothers me as much as anything. Nothing was his prior to a certain point in time except Asa's funeral because people liked that. Nothing is his responsibility now because of the strike. At some point, I guess he will be responsible.

• Members

It seemed like that whole interview was about taking responsibility for shouldering the burden of the material he was left with.

And when it comes time to discuss Nash, I'm sure he'll explain that too. There are only two options: He chose to write Nash out, or ABC made it happen to free up money for others. Whichever one it is, I have a feeling we'll know soon. You can begrudge losing Nash but not his honesty.

And for the record, the reason people say nothing prior to the funeral was RC is because it happens to be the documented truth. It was quoted repeatedly in the press by staff, actors, reporters, etc. that RC wrote that entire affair himself, then took full control of the HWing a couple weeks later. Everything prior was him trying to manage Higley's stories, breakdowns, scripts, etc.

• Administrator

Yeah.......because that's what I meant. :huh:

I was just having fun with Ron (Soapsuds) :P .......he says it makes him sick, so if he doesn't want to get sick, don't go into OLTL threads because it will be loaded with many of us praising Carlivati. But if he wants to join into the discussion and "make himself sick," sure go ahead. LOL

• Members

Sam was a lawyer from Chicago but he was in Llanview for years before his death, so its understandable that he'd have had these people as his clients. What bothers me is why does Lindsay have these files? They werent married when he died, so she wouldnt have gotten them and I cant see Sam leaving them to her. Any of his legal files most likely would have went to whoever he worked with. It would have been more plausible to beleive Nora had them

• Members

The interview was about him saying the show is a mess. It is and he is right. It was also about him saying it wasn't him. He's right, it wasn't him. I also find it interesting that another writer is capable of putting RC's "masterpiece" in the crapper in a matter of weeks, yet it takes RC months to clean up everyone else's mess.

Truthfully, I think RC is a good writer. But it is OLTL and OLTL will always be about Frank's and Frons' personal agendas. Let's just use the Alison story as an example. Do you think the scab writer just rewrote history all by his or her lonesome? Or perhaps, Frankie went along with the change and in fact promoted it?

As far as Nash, RC can't explain that. It is obviously not money. He's brought in five newbies. The reason Forbes is out is because of Frank Valentini. What RC will say is either the tired old excuse story line purposes or he will blame Higley. I wish he would be honest and say that Frank fired Forbes for the same reason he fired Dan G., because they challenged his weak leadership. But he can't. I can't blame him for that. Personally if he is as good as you folks say he is, perhaps he will serve his sentence at OLTL and go somewhere decent.

I do think he is boring.

• Members

LOL no offense but I dont think Forbes March is capable of challenging Franks leadership. :) I also think that it takes a lot less to destroy something than it does to fix it, which explains how quick Gary messed up the show. Also, Frankie going along with the scabs change.........What do you want from him? If he inteferes with a writer, we bitch, and now that he hasnt, we bitch. lol. Frankie isn't a writer, its not his place to get too involved, RC or GT or whoever else.

• Members

Ron Carlivati is great. ONE LIFE kicks B&B and Y&R and the rest of the soaps asses (except for maybe DAYS which is pretty good now), especially when Ron C is in charge. Ron's an awesome headwriter and May will be great for ONE LIFE and hopefully it will reflect in the ratings. Good ratings do not make for a good soap. Y&R has been number one for years and from what I read on SON and other places it pretty well sucks yet still is #1. I've never liked Y&R, too boring and bland IMHO.

• Members

Gosh now you are such experts on soaps that you get to determine why someone else likes or dislikes a show or writer. By the way, RC is boring. . Man, you guys are really experts. As i have said previously, I defy you to find an instance where previously I have said anything but RC is terribly overrated. Yes, I'm angry about Forbes. I get to decide what characters I like or dislike, but thank you for sharing your expertise anyway. However, I have consistently said that RC is boring and overrated and that your only expectation of him is to better than Dena and to show characters who are over 60 twice a week.

• Members

Oh Jay that is incredibly weak. Anyone who even hints at disagreeing with Frank gets canned. It has nothing to do with leadership. Leadership and Frank are contradictory statements. Second, I do agree that it is easier to make a mess than clean it up. Your defense of Frank, however, is laughable.

• Members

I don't think Ron can necessarily be blamed for Forbes March's firing. Usually these things come from the top and are the result of negative focus-group feedback. Almost every move that ABC makes is determined by focus groups. Jill Farren Phelps has even said as much in interviews.

Archived