Ron Carlivati interview

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can we stop the madness??!!!

chatkalachmn4.gif:lol::lol::lol:

Calling me crazy and Jess stupid is uncalled for. I am just saying how Ron is overrated. I am saying what is the big deal.....its annoying...but nowhere do I bash a poster.

• Members

Am I the only one who doesn't get this whole backlash over Forbes March being fired? He's barely been on the show for three years, so in the bigger scheme of things, his character is barely someone who is going to make a major impact by leaving. Besides boinking Tessica, being daddy to Bree, and owning faux Falcon Crest, what else is he doing on the show that would be replaced by a void upon his departure?

And before my words are twisted (like some in this thread have already been), no, I am not telling anyone who or what to like or dislike. It's completely up to you. I'm just putting my thoughts out there, because I really don't get the big deal about Nash leaving. He is *not* that important of a character.

• Members

I think the whole Forbes thing is because he's fairly well-liked and seemed to have become somewhat established as a character. No it won't be a terribly big loss (sorry Forbes fans) ... but still. And not that it means much but Forbes was invited for two years to Super Soap Weekend and not just anyone goes (well, almost)

• Members

I don't know, I like posting about the fact I don't like RC over here because it just so not allowed. It's almost become a free speech issue with me. I want these fellows to come out and say this is tan RC fan board and any comment that wouldn't be written by the guy at Canadian TV Guide isn't allowed.

As far as Forbes, I think there has been a backlash, do I think it will cause some big rating drop? NO. I didn't think losing REG would either, but it did. My outrage is the very same reason I was outraged when Dan G. left. Of course that was OK to be outraged because RC wasn't involved. Of course my outrage also is no different than people who became angry when REG was dumped.

RC is boring. I have said that for months and his fan club over here hasn't liked it. It is not because of Forbes, although it did add to my dislike of him. My favorite reason given for my dislike of RC's writing is that I am disappointed about ME. I don't think there is any secret I'm not a fan of ME. I dislike RC's writing because it is boring and it lacks originality.

• Members

Well, Jess, it is an issue of free speech, and you should keep posting!

The peeps I enjoy posting with a lot on this board are usually those who have very different opinions from mine (Cheap is a great example). You and I used to post a little back during Dena Higley's day and had differing views about Evangeline but whatevs. I still loved reading all your posts.

As far as RC is concerned, I don't find this an RC fan board as there are a bunch of people here who hate RC. There are also a bunch who adore him. And a segment who are still very unsure, given that the writers' strike muddied the waters as far as knowing who wrote what and when. C'est la vie. As for me, I loved the scary scenes between Todd and Cole a few weeks ago. But the rest of the teen scene bore me and I was unable to get into many other SLs.

No writer is ever going to get complete kudos on this board. Except, maybe Douglas Marland. Even William J. Bell, Irna Phillips, Agnes Nixon and Claire Labine all got reamed over some ill-judged SL decisions etc.

• Members

I have to disagree about REG's departure having a noticeable effect on the ratings. They were declining when she was on the show. There wasn't a significant decrease until she'd been gone several months and I don't think it was because it took that long for people to discover that she was no longer on the show. ABCD has fallen off across the board and I know I once read that some of her fans felt the overall decline in ABCD's ratings were because she's not on OLTL but I think it's easy to spin ratings into whatever you want. If the ratings had been at a constant figure for the months leading up to her departure and then they began to drop after she was gone then it would be plausible to conclude that she had an effect. I believe her last day on the show was the lowest rated day of that week and FM's fans may be upset as hers were and maybe still are, but there's something more going on with the ratings than which actor is or isn't on the show.

• Members

No one is saying that you can't dislike Ron Carlivati's work. There are going to be those who love his work, those who dislike his work, those that are indifferent and those that haven't made up their mind.

• Members

I was not defending Frank in my previous statements. How do you know that whoever disagrees with Frankie gets fired? That makes no sense to me. The only major players we've seen leave recently were Phil Carey, who came out afterwards in his anger, REG, who didnt disagree with Frank, and Dan. Dan did complain about his story but never did he question Frank. If this is true, wouldn't a whole lot of people be fired? Think about it, that [!@#$%^&*] doesnt even make any sense. If anything is laughable, its your sincerity in that statement.

• Members

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I like Forbes. I've been a fan of his going back to his AMC days, and was a huge fan when he was on Mutant X. I've enjoyed him on OLTL and though I'm sad to see him go, I'm thrilled that it isn't a veteran that's been cut. Too many soaps nowadays cut from the top instead of the bottom (and that's no dig at Forbes, I'm just looking at it on a scale of things).

• Members

OLTL may be "boring" to some, but to us, it's well written and enjoyable. We're all entitled to our opinions. OLTL has been far better. Fan favorites are returning, veterans are getting screen-time and storylines. It's a far better OLTL. No it's not the most exciting on the air but it's finally getting out of the funk, IMO, it's been in since Malone/Griffith's first stint ended back in the '90s.

Archived