Ugly Betty: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Vanessa Williams has really surprised me in the last two episodes. She's improved a lot. Glad they got her for the role. This cast just clicks. I hope the show keeps up the momentum, and doesn't get lost in stupid plots. It's the best new comedy this year, bar none.

• Members

LMAO - that was a funny episode. It all started with the beginning when Mark dressed like Betty. Priceless!

Walter is sorta bugging me too - I liked the new accounting guy in the Superman outfit.

I can't believe Justin - haha - it was funny...I'm still really surprised by it all - but that was pretty funny his little song/dance routine.

• Members

Funny show. And she had to wear the butterfly costume all day, lol.

I liked Christopher Gorham's character, Henry. Hope he sticks around and gives Walter a run for his money. :P And gives CG the chance to finally be on a show that, hopefully, won't get cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons, lol. The guy probably thinks he's a jinx or something, he's been on like 3 short-lived shows in the last few years. :lol:

I like how the characters are starting to have "bonding" moments with Betty, even if it's only temporary, lol. As much as they make fun of her or use her for crappy jobs, they also have exposed their weaknesses to her. You know Amanda wouldn't have done that with anyone else.

The father's secret about being illegal was pretty obvious since the prior week's show. It was fun seeing him go nuts with the Halloween stuff, lol. :lol:

• Members

Well Betty wasn't at work yet - the show opened with him saying "Happy Halloween" (from the promos) - and then Wilhemina said something like "That is completely hideous....someone's getting a raise." - Then he walked around for awhile like that and then was told to take the costume off - then Betty arrives and noone else is dressed up and they laugh at her - but she decides to wear it all day anyway.

Little Justin dressed up as a little sailor, just like Gene Kelley in some movie and did the gayest little song and dance routine - it was really funny, yet still kind of weird bc he's so flamboyant.

Go to abc.com and watch the entire episode though - you can see it there for free.

• Members

It's on SoapNet Sunday at noon too.

Loved the Halloween show. I watched it today again...on SoapNet.

I seen someone dressed as a butter fly today. Head balls and all. It was weird.

I thought Judith Light was so funny.

Loved the line about smelling like people.

I died...came back and then died again.

Poor Amanda. I hate her so much that it hurts me sometimes from deep within.

But I did feel a tinyweebit sorry for the hooch. Like I didn't want to slap her too hard on this one.

Just maybe give her one elbow to the lip....and maybe a few kicks in the liver.

I am still hoping she gets fat.

I would love that hard. But I did feel bad for her this week.

Daniel is a ho.

I kind of wanted Betty to make it a go with him...but not if Betty is going to get herpes.

Or the clap...or whatever.

If you need an assistant to help you keep track of who you had sex with...you have a problem.

Easy on all the sexing. It will fall off. One way or another. :lol:

• Members

I thought the halloween episode was cute. I loved Justin as a sailor. I love Vanessa Williams but theres no way in hell she was ever a size 2, she's way too curvy to ever have been that size, I know that it was just the writing for her character, but that was pushing it to the limit. :lol:

• Members

This episode was ok. Nothing really happened of interest. There wasn't that much focus on Betty tonight. They seem to be humanizing the villians, Amanda and Wilihemia. I didn't care for Salma H.'s character. I liked her better on the Telenovla clips. JMO

• Administrator

I LOL when she said that and waved her finger. :lol:

She also had another funny line: "This is like the gay version of Star Trek." :lol:

Also, I was shocked that Betty's dad killed someone. That's one of the reasons why I love this show. They have complex characters instead of one note characters.

The telenovela scene with the Priest and the soccer ball faked pregnancy had me LMAO. :lol:

Salma is so damn sexy. She's just gorgeous. :wub:

Archived