Ugly Betty: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's why I never go by other people's reviews, no matter how popular or unpopular something is. :lol: It always come down to what I like anyway and sometimes hardly anybody I know watches the same thing I do. I have exactly one friend "in real life" that I know who watches "The Amazing Race." :D

I never bother with movie critics either. :P

• Members

Well I liked it...I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, but still watch next week for sure.

I expected more laughs, and less drama. I felt so sorry for Betty in most instances.

I still laugh everytime she walks into the glass door though....

I also forgot to say that Betty just seems out of place in a Spanish family. Also, for some reason (I don't know why) but it is just a tad uncomfortable watching that little son act - I mean is he acting that gay or is he really like that? I don't know why it makes me cringe when I watch him - I mean he's a good little actor - and I wish it didn't make me cringe, but it just does :(

• Members

alwaysAMC, I'm with you on the one note about the son. It's kind of creepy how that actor is so young and playing a full-fledged gay person. I'm sure I've never seen that done before. DJ on "Roseanne" gave hints at around 5 or 6 years old but that was just for comedy for worrisome Dan; after puberty we saw he was straight. This, on the other hand, seems to be pushing it.

• Members

After seeing it on SOAPnet, I want to like it. I really want to like it.

I just wished ABC would have stripped it as a telenovela. Maybe not in the same way MyNetworkTV did with theirs, but I just don't see this working as a long-lasting series. What happens when Betty is no longer ugly? Then, is their really a show?

I wonder if it will only have one season or if ABC plans on juicing the hell out of it.

• Members

She's not dead, she's faking it. Vanessa Williams character was plotting with her towards the end.

I also agree with whoever said it should be a half hour show. I really liked it but it will probably burn out fast with an hour to fill each and every week. I also thought it would be more funny.

• Administrator

I loved the telenovela scene!

Woman slaps the Priest across the face, "I'm going to name the baby after the father.........FATHER!" LMAO!! :lol:

Walter's gangster-ish, "What's up?" to Daniel. LOL

The Fashion tv woman saying, "Remember, we only make other looks bad to make you feel good." LOL

"Justin, head phones!...... THAT BITCH!!" "I guess we owe four thousand dollars....and fifty cents." I love Betty's sister!

• Members

Oh, Toups, I hear you! I REALLY hope Salma Hayek appears ina BRAND NEW telenovela scene EVERY episode. I mean, how wild is that?! And I LOVE her slutty housekeeper routine. It's SO cliche but in telenovelas, that seems to work. And in America, it makes GREAT snl parodies, and EXCELLENT television !!! This show is the fall's best--well, tied with "Bros and Sistas." My GOD, I love Betty!!!

Archived