Ugly Betty: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love this show. It feels like watching a movie. I can see these plotlines in a quirky comedy on the big screen. I really enjoy the writing.

I really love the british woman on Fashion TV. LOL...love the accent and I also enjoyed that line about making others feel bad.

I really hope this show succeeds and that it keeps all the numbers it has right now. Putting it on Thursday at 8 was really risky but it seems to be working for now

• Members

I think all the early reviews about this show were dead on.

"No matter what happens to [betty], it's very satisfying to watch. It's such a crowd pleaser."

"Betty is beautiful on the inside and the audience will fall in love with her for that"

"Magically charming."

"Women and gay fashionistas will love this show."...lol---that ones from Salma Hayek.

I agree.

I love this show and I have fallen in love with Betty!

What an interesting and endearing character...my heart just goes out to the girl.

And it's only into episode 2! :)

The cast is fun...

Wilhelmina is great. (She reminds me of Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget) :D

Hilda is awsome. When she had part of Gina's weave stuck on her and was like "ewww"

"Guess we owe you $4,000 and 50 cents." :lol: was classic.

I love the campyness of the show. Those fashion Entertainment Tonight-Access Hollywood-Extra type shows

are so funny. Can you imagine if there was real shows that blunt? lmao

I also like the people you are supposed to hate. Wilhemina's lap dog assistant... and that [!@#$%^&*] Amanda.

I want someone to knock that girl out! (Please let it be soon).

Great show. My favorite new show of this season by far.

• Members

I hadn't initially planned on watching the show. I have my "schedule" of shows all programmed to be taped and this wasn't one of them. But I watched the pilot and this episode "live" and I'm liking it, pretty much for the same reasons everybody's already mentioned. :) I also like that Betty has her own little group of friends at work, the other "ugly" people, so to speak.

The bunny stuff was hilarious. I was like, awww...poor bunny.... :P

LOL, and I just realized who the sister and the neighbor remind me of, especially when they were fighting...John Leguizamo in drag as "Chi Chi" in "To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything Julie Newmar". He did the whole snarky Latina bit, including calling Patrick Swayze's character (another drag queen) the "gringa with a pinga." :lol:

• Members

I don't think I am going to be watching anymore. Not because it is bad or anything like that, but it's not for me, and I already have so much to watch on Thursday's.

Maybe I'll try to catch them on abc.com.

• Members

Is Gina that girl who used to be Sophia on OLTL?

I see sparks between Betty and Daniel. The cliffhanger is that she transforms into a "swan" and kisses her. I've already called it!

That secretary [!@#$%^&*] is getting on my nerves for real. How can she kidnap a stuffed animal?

I knew form the first show's opener that the lady didn't die in the car crash.

• Members

What lady? honestly, I watch this show closely and the one plot I literally don't 'get' even though I'm watching it, is the part with all the sinister action. Is she trying to kill someone? Who is she? What's her problem? And is she tied in with the Vanessa Williams character? Are they both wanting to sabotage? What up?

• Members

If you remember the 1st episode, the editor-in-chief of Mode was killed in a car accident, opening up the postition that both Whilemina (sp?) and Daniel were vying for but Daniel got the job (thanks to his father, the owner). At the end of that episode, we saw Whilemina talking to a woman with a bandaged face who we are supposed to assume is the dead editor. Last episode, it seems that there's some secret involving deadeditor and Daniel's father.

Archived