Ugly Betty: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

So now the whole show is ruined for you, because Selma Hayek showed her face up front and center? It really doesn't matter to me if she's behind the scenes or on the show, I'm focusing on what the show is about, and that's Betty and the workings of her co-workers/family :) I absolutely love this show.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sick of Daniel's womaizing, gigol crap. We get it. You bang everyone. Let's move on.

I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the Fey murder mystery.

-I'm still waiting to see if they'll follow the original's plotline. <_<

• Members

OMG, I'm watching my tape right now!@!!

so far...

I'm over the whole Salma Hayek thing. She's playing an older woman as the executive...it's different from the telenovela actress...so it works.

OMG, Santos is justin's father?!!! Shocker 2006@!!!! I wonder if Hilda is hiding Justin because Santos doesn't know he's gay?!!

Michael Urie (guy who plays Marc) NEEDS an Emmy. My goodness, he plays the role to PERFECTION!!! And the screen presence, my GOSH, the screen presence!!! It's almost better than any other performer ON this show!!!

But that's the point. They're both awkward, and people like that rarely, if ever, have any visible "chemistry."

• Members

--------------------

OH.

MY.

GOSH.

I TOTALLY misread the Santos storyline. Definitely didn't see him being beatn up..and the ULTIMATE SHOCKER?!! Betty's article getting published?!!!!! I COULD DIE!!!!

and I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED how that 'I'm an intelligent, beautiful, confident business woman' line was revealed to come from Salma's bookl.

IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER!@!@#$@#$@#

I'm so freaking excited!!@!@ Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh1!!!!!!!

--------------------

OH.

MY.

GOSH.

I TOTALLY misread the Santos storyline. Definitely didn't see him being beatn up..and the ULTIMATE SHOCKER?!! Betty's article getting published?!!!!! I COULD DIE!!!!

and I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED how that 'I'm an intelligent, beautiful, confident business woman' line was revealed to come from Salma's bookl.

--------------------

OH.

MY.

GOSH.

• Members

It was an ok episode. I don't really like Walter either. He's annoying.

I liked how we saw more Hilda and the backstory with her and Santos. I too was wondering if he knows that Justin is gay...and what his reaction will be.

I liked how Wilhemena is trying to please her daughter...the end was a nice touch.

This episode was very chopped up among characters...if that makes sense. There weren't many group scenes - all individual scenes with no cast interaction.

Is Salma Hayek now a regular? I kinda hope not.

• Members

Oh, I would just LOVE it if Salma became a regular! THere's something INCREDIBLY endearing about how her character is so pro-positive self-image and how great she is forBetty's psyche! I just love her now!!! PLEASE take a contract, Salma. There's also something AMAZING about seeing the 'mother' of the show playing in her own show. It's very maternal and endearing. I'm just loving it! !!!

• Members

I REALLY hate Walter as well. He is annoying and does nothing but bring her down. He's a lost cause and hated that she took him back after he cheated on her. Betty deserves better

On Salma being a regular, I hope not. I think she would overshadow Betty bc she has such a strong presence. The occasional guest spot is fine but nothing more

• Members

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but I just discovered that the actress who played Fey Sommers (but *not* the woman in the bandages) is actually soap vet Christine Jones, most famous for work on AW (Janice Frame) & OLTL (Pamela Buchanan).

Archived