Ugly Betty: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love nearly every single character on this show is likeable --- even the so-called villains and snarkier characters. IMO, it's rare in a series of high camp where the characters are so well rounded. This series must have the deepest shallow characters in all of television.

• Members

This show is simply divine. Vanessa Williams has definitely won me over. Love me some Dominic Hughes (used to be on Y&R, Justin's father).

I felt so sorry for Betty's family that the woman did that! UGH.

Mark continues to be my favorite! Whoever casted the actor deserves big kudos. He has great charisma with everyone, and draws you into his scenes. Hopefully he'll get a little storyline arc in the future.

Let's hope this show always stays true to its campy roots!

ETA: YES to only a little Walter.

• Members

I can't believe no one commented on the VERY disturbing ending to Thursday's show. I was simply shocked and appalled that it ended that way. And what, the man dies now? This is so cold! :(

By the way: I hope and pray to GOD that we see a scene where someone SAVAGELY murders that mean lawyer that ripped off the Suarez family. I HATE that witch -- give or take a letter!!

• Members

Well, there is an ethical difference: he didn't have it coming. So he lied about Faye's death. Who cares? Let's move on. But that WHORE, played by Deb Mazar (who always seems to play the same despicable character), she had it coming. Stealing, what, $20,000 from a POOR FAMILY? Ethically, she can be killed on this show. that being said, what about Justin's father? Didn't he come through with the money? What will HE say? I hope he's the one to do the deed...and of course get the money back.

• Members

LOL - it is NEVER ethical to kill someone. Both murder situations are UNethical. AND even though her criminal actions are more unethical, they both were unethical in their actions. I'm not picking a fight, but c'mon! lol

I hate what her character did - she should be found and prosecuted. I do, however, LOVE Deb Mazar and she actually played a hairstylist in this really good show about 5 years back on Friday's nights about an Italian family - I can't remember the name of the show, but it lasted a couple of seasons and she was a great friend to the main star....I loved her in that. She was the funny hairstylist best friend - not bad at all.

• Members

Ah, Jackie O'Grady on the intelligent and HIGHLY entertaining (but prematurely canceled) "That's Life." I remember it and its brilliant and humorous portrayal of an Italian Catholic family VERY well. CBS never should have canceled it.

As for my previous comment, let me explain. I meant ethical on the actual show, as opposed to real life. I think viewers would forgive Leah's untimely demise. She's easily hated for what she did. Granted, I love Debi Mazar (and wish she could actually find a series that STICKS! Gosh, how many has it been now?!!) and it'd be great if it were all a misunderstanding and, just before Hilda orders a hit on her, we realize she left her office (actually a firm) for more noble work as an independent agent on the same day her cell phone went out because she forgot to pay the bill. It'd be nice if she became a close friend of the Suarezes. God knows Mazar has paid her dues to land a contract role on a hit series that last more than two years. (I'm being optimistic of course).

• Members

Why the mean face? Isn't that a good thing? At least she's not one of those big stars that put their name behind a show and never show up or show a touch of their influence. Personally, I love that she's not afraid to show that this series is her baby and she's not there in name, but she is THERE to take care of it. Love you, Salma! Praise Jesus, girlfriend!!

Archived