Ugly Betty: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Salma's character has officially worn out her welcome. She is taking away from the show's focus. She was cute at first but now its time for her to go. Her character has no real purpose on the show.

Salma's character has officially worn out her welcome. She is taking away from the show's focus. She was cute at first but now its time for her to go. Her character has no real purpose on the show.

• Members

Oooooh...major sparks between Betty and Henry. I kept hoping her dream would come true and they'd end up kissing at the party. :P Chris Gorham is adorable...playing down his hotness by having him be one of the geeky characters makes him even cuter. :P

I wonder how far they are gonna take Betty with this new job. I mean, the show's focus is at Mode, with those characters and her conflicts with them. Her being under-appreciated by them is part of the show's formula. Her "getting it all" this fast would be like the missing character on Without A Trace being found in the first 10 minutes...what's the point, you know?

• Members

I loved tonights epi. Henry is such a cutie. I'm loving Amanda more and more. I'm glad they gave her some depth

Major chemistry b/w Henry and Betty! Walter needs to go. I don't know why her sister is so hell bent on wanting them together. He treated her like crap and cheated on and now he wants to grovel at her feet cause he got dumped. Walter is nothing more than a little punk.

• Members

I can't believe it but I am TOTALLY coming around to Henry and Betty. My gosh, that montage of looks between them at the Christmas party...I could HAVE BEEN SHOT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!! I could die. The sparks are ridiculous between those two. The chemistry is palpable. It's just INSANE!!!

As for Hilda, WHAT a --rhymes with "ditch." How DARE she play God with Betty's life by trashing that message from Henry? YoU SUCK, girlfriend!! You completely and royally SUCK!!!!

Anyway, I'm totally shocked but it seems it's coming true--Salma Hayek is clearly in love with television, and that's why she's becoming a regular on the show. It's smart to have her and Daniel hook up because that way, the show doesn't have to fire all the Mode actors. They're linked to the show still. Even so, I didn't expect Betty to leave Mode so fast...but hey, when you're hot, you're hot!

In closing, um, who said Walter was viable? Did you SEE the ending? That was Betty saying, "Dang, I have NO feelings for this man...not physically." Yeah, Walter'll last REEEEEEEEAl long if the poor chump can't even make his girl's PALMS sweat!! He's SUCH a loser!!! :lol:

• Members

LOVED last night's episode! Mostly bc I'm loving this Betty and Henry possibility. I'm so rooting for them. You could tell at the end she doesn't love Walter.

I am also loving Amanda more and more.

But I'm really enjoying Marc and Willhemina's storyline - last night was hilarious when Marc thought there was a hit out for him. LOL

I totally agree.

• Members
Thats my thought exactly. By bringing Salma on they have really lost focus on this aspect of the show. What was the point of getting to know all the characters at Mode if Betty was going to move on this fast to the new magazine. :blink:

I love the new accountant, McNerdy as I like to call him. He and Betty have so much chemistry. Did anyone catch the Grey's reference Amanda made when talking about the supermodel, McSlutty. :lol:

Walter gets on my nerves. And if Hilda is so into Walter, why doesn't she try and hook up with him. :rolleyes: I don't see why not since she and Gina have this competion thing going. Hilda sleeps with Walter cause Gina did. :lol:

• Members

Personally I love Salma's character and prescence on the show... I just hope she doesn't end up with Daniel. I see her as the one making Daniel realize that he's not just the ONS guy. He can actually fall in love.

And I loved Betty at the end, looking at her palms. Walter is comfortable, but she feels something with Henry (who is adorable). Sweaty palms, shaky hands, locked eyes... Walter's not the one. And also the fact that the Queens chick said they were made for Queens, not Manhattan. Henry left Tuscon for Manhattan, the same way Betty wants more than the stereotype simple life in Queens. While Walter is obviously comfortable right where he is.

• Members

I know this show is based on a telenovela but is it intended to last as long (or should I say as briefly) as one because it seems like certain things have happened in the first half of this first season that would have been more dramatic or made more sense if they had happened later in the series. Betty's dream job offer, Daniel wanting to commit to one woman, a little more depth than expected out of some of the characters this early on. Some of it just seems rushed. And I'm not saying that just because Christmas happened one week after Thanksgiving! :P Although, the beginning of the show seemed a little awkward...we left with Betty's father and the INS at the door and then it's 3 weeks later? Daniel and Sofia were doing each other for 3 weeks? I know it's because of the hiatus but it seemed awkward. That being said, I did enjoy the show, especially the Betty and Henry parts. Hopefully, Chris Gorham is a keeper and, hopefully the show is a keeper so the guy can be on a successful series that lasts more than one or two seasons. ;) Geez, in the last five years or so he went from Jake 2.0 to that medical CSI-type show on NBC to that Henry Winkler sitcom on CBS to Ugly Betty. Oh well, at least he gets a lot of work! :lol:

• Members

That Chris Gorham is a little cutie pie!!! I just hope they slow down with the story as well, because I think Betty not succeeding is the base around this series...I have a feeling something will fall through and it will change..I have faith....

Archived