Ugly Betty: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Wowza!! I totally did not see that coming...I don't recall the scene about Alex dressing up like a woman from last week!!!! I agree that is the best shocker to date!!!!

I love the friendship between Betty and Daniel and Hilda was so good tonight!!! When Betty finds out Henry has wanted her all this time...oh the sparks are going to fly!!!!

And the woman who plays the seamstress, forget her name, but oh my she is so PRETTY!!!

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG, the woman in the bandages being Alex Meade flew all over my head. I thought it was Faye. I guess I haven't been paying attention.

I too am glad Salma is gone, because she added nothing to the show. I may be the only one, that while I don't want Daniel and Betty to hook up, I wanted them to kiss on the bridge last night.

• Members

Eric and Amanda have the best chemistry on primetime television right now. Seriously, they were oozing last night. At points I wanted them to kiss, but then I didn't. A

More Henry in the future? Eeeeeee.

This show IS incredible. It's pretty much everything I want. Comedy, drama, family moments... I love it! I can't wait to see what they come up with for the Season Finale.

I'm no longer going to say "this was the best show" because they completely outdo themselves every.single.week.

• Members

The actress playing Amanda (I will never know her name) was REALLY good with the facial expressions last night, don't you think? She had a different face for every emotion she was trying to convey. I loved it, and I regret that I didn't mention it in my first posting about last night's show. Amanda was the highlight.

• Members
Put an emoticon after your last sentence or you'll come off as condescending ;)

Amanda is played by Becki Newton, and she's totally fabulous. The chemistry of the entire cast is mesmerizing. Becki Newton and Michael Urie (Marc) are great in making the characters 3 dimensional. Amanda has been fabulous the last two episodes. She could use these last two tapes for the emmy's. BTW by Amanda and Eric, I meant Betty and Daniel. :)

• Members

I was going to say...!

A lot of people want Betty and Daniel to just stay friends, but I believe there should be something more.

I'm not sure if I want them to go the way of the other "Ugly Better" (the foreign one, or one of the "ones") and have her become beautiful, but I'd love to see a Daniel/Betty end game. She's taught him so much about life, after all, and she can teach him about true love too. I can see it. Bah.

• Members

Alex Meade is Daniel's brother! It was revealed in the episode two weeks ago, that he died...then Daniel said in this episode that he jumped from an airplane to ski! And he was "Dead." Now he has come back as a woman, Alexis Meade.

• Members

Yep, Becki Newton was Ruthy. She is one talented actress, because I would have never known if I didn't read it. I re-watched my tape and could definitely see her afterwards.

Rebecca Romjin (sp?, Alexis, which is actually a boy name too, lol) has BALLS to play a role like that.

• Members

Its sunday night and i just got to watch Betty..and not once did i read online that RR was going to be playing Alex Meade...Awesome cliffhanger, and congrats for the writers/producers for keeping that under wraps...This show just gets better and better each week..and i love that they are fleshing out the supporting characters more lately...They really do have a great supporting cast...

Archived