Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo
- - - - -

The Chew: Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 Llantano Incorporated

Llantano Incorporated

Contract

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:56 AM

I did not know where to post this and feel free to delete it- but I just had to vent. When those CHEW promos air during OLTL, I stare at the screen with my mouth agape. Not only is the hilarious promo fit to be satired on SNL, the hosts already look uncomfortable, COMPLETELY unphotogenic, and downright goofy. The whole thing gets me hysterical. Like THIS is the best ABC could do? I am going to call The Chew "The Goof Troop". This is going to be the television train wreck for the AGES.

#2 YurSoakinginit

YurSoakinginit

Contract

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

What a coincidence, because I was just thinking the other day how "spoofable" these promos would be on SNL.... with comments like...

"Did you know you could make pasta at home?? With boiling water?!"

"YOU can put cloth napkins on a table... They sell them right here at the store!"

"Flowers are pretty!"

#3 AlexElizabeth

AlexElizabeth

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

It looks like the worst TV show ever. I just shake my head when the promos come on every day. I almost want to watch it just to see how bad it is but I won't. The woman with the glasses scares me and I bet her gumbo tastes like crap. WTF is up with Mario and his orange Crocs? Eww. What a disaster. And Clinton Kelly's tips are awful. You can use a regular vase or you can use your imagination, um okay? What a dumb looking show.

#4 alphanguy74

alphanguy74

The Chen Broadcasting System presents this program in color

• Members
  • 4,488 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

It pretty much does look like the worst show ever. Can you hear Frons now... "Let's have the black chick with the crazy eyes cut up WATERMELON for the folks at home! All those black viewers will just come rolling in!"

#5 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 53,720 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

What I dislike most about the promo is the green screen where they all sit down to eat. I don't know why it annoys me but it just looks cheap and distracting.

I also have nightmares of Clinton looking seasick at the camera as he tries to give tips.

I don't know - it just seems so amateurish for a major network.

If they were going to do something like this there are a lot of people who aren't used by TV now and have some good presence. Remember Party Line with Dan and Steve?

#6 Greg

Greg

Recurring

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:52 PM

I've been praying to God that the whole table comes down with botchulism
from that crazy-eyed bimbo's ''delicious gumbo''

#7 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

LOL I do kinda like Carla--and have liked Clinton but as we've said in other threads--this show looks a MESS. I've ahd so many non soap fans, some who don't even know I watch AMC/OLTL complain about it.

#8 All My Shadows

All My Shadows

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 12,319 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:13 PM

I've been praying to God that the whole table comes down with botchulism
from that crazy-eyed bimbo's ''delicious gumbo''

with the small shrimp!

#9 DAMfan

DAMfan

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:37 PM

I have seen stupid Ch[eww] promos where they are excited about pork and give tips what to do with a towel - I am sure we can tell them what they can do with a towel.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by DAMfan, 17 September 2011 - 11:38 PM.

#10 alphanguy74

alphanguy74

• Members
  • 4,488 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:03 AM

I have seen stupid Ch[eww] promos where they are excited about pork and give tips what to do with a towel - I am sure we can tell them what they can do with a towel.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Give me a locker room full of naked men, I'LL show you what to do with a towel.

#11 dragonflies

dragonflies

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 24,880 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:17 PM

I laugh at them cause they're so idiotic, plus they talk down to viewers & act like viewers are too stupid for words

I will laugh cause this is gonna flop so bad ABC will wish they had stuck with AMC/OLTL

#12 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 53,720 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

I don't think it will flop, I think it's just going to sit there and no one will care.

They do treat viewers like idiots. Frons big intro for these shows - hey, they're for fat and stupid people!! - says it all.

#13 OLTL_fan

OLTL_fan

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

It pretty much does look like the worst show ever. Can you hear Frons now... "Let's have the black chick with the crazy eyes cut up WATERMELON for the folks at home! All those black viewers will just come rolling in!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io2XfpvGHIs&feature=related

OMG I cant stop laughing after watching that. Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#14 marceline

marceline

This is not some one way mirror

• Members
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

Has anyone ever seen anything that looks so awful?

Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt6c5_q_zag

Edited by marceline, 18 September 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#15 JackPeyton

JackPeyton

Star.

• Members
  • 17,630 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

Yes.

A+ reply.

#16 alphanguy74

alphanguy74

• Members
  • 4,488 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:44 PM

It has got to be the most condescending show I've ever seen. the above clip for example.. "That's math"... REALLY? It's possible that theyr'e trying so hard that they don't REALIZE they are talking down to everyone. But how could they not?

#17 marceline

marceline

This is not some one way mirror

• Members
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

It has got to be the most condescending show I've ever seen. the above clip for example.. "That's math"... REALLY? It's possible that theyr'e trying so hard that they don't REALIZE they are talking down to everyone. But how could they not?

Because no matter what this is still ABC Daytime. I actually agree that the promos seem awful but it's like any other "pilot." After a month or two, they'll retool the show based on feedback.

#18 Adam

Adam

ALL MY CHILDREN: 1970-2011, 2013-present

• Members
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

The View all this week is promoting this thing, each day one of the co-hosts will be on introducing the audience of ABC Daytime to The Chew.

#19 Gray Bunny

Gray Bunny

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

The odd black woman who looks like a pencil... Would contact lenses help the situation or make it worse? Can't decide.

#20 DAMfan

DAMfan

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

The giant Chipmunk on Y & R may have the worse thing ever on TV.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users