The Chew: Discussion Thread

Llantano Incorporated

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Monday's premiere of The Chew, ABC's replacement for All My Children drew 2.5 million viewers and 590,000 women 18-49, that equals the most recent week's (9/12-16) AMC viewership (2.491 million) and exceeded its women 18-49 viewership (532,000).

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/09/27/the-chew-premiere-tops-recent-all-my-children-week-in-women-18-49-equals-its-viewership/105120/?utm_campaign=WP%3ETwitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

• Members

Yeah it's very easy to say I'm just spinning things or being cynical, but the true test will be to see what they can sustain. The Chew is also more of the kind of show curious viewers would flip on than a long running soap opera--particularly whenit's new and been advertised constantly.

I watched some of today's--the main thing that grabbed me was what people said about the first episode, just how hectic it all seemed. EVeryone talking like they were on coke (Clinton, who is one of the hosts I don't normally mind as much, was especially hectic, at one point I thought he was going to snap the neck of an audience member he was so crazed--and Dr Oz's daughter did an awful lot of airhead giggling). That was really my only impression--granted I was getting ready for work at the same time, but it really kinda gave me a headache, not the kind of thing I think if I was someone whos tayed hom in the day would want to watch. And speaking of healthy eating, Paula Dean apparently will be on the show later!

• Members

I expected it to be sampled like this also as I was hearing about a lot of AMC fans tuning in just so they could bash it so I highly doubt it sustains this over the next few episodes or weeks.

I wonder what the AMC finale got on Friday and DAYS' reboot number for Monday.

• Members

Honestly its the premiere and we will see if they crash. Honestly guys if these numbers hold up it will show Brian Frons made the right decision in cancelling AMC. The Chew's production costs are over 40% lower then AMC's. So it will show it was a win win situation. Honestly lets see further week ratings. Honestly the viewers watching it IMO were not soap viewers it was probably new viewers or fans of these experts. Honestly the show needs to be tinkered with. Too many people chatting, too many people on different segments. Also is it me or does this show talk to VIEWERS like we are the dumbest people on earth. Like we don't know how to eat, cook or know anything healthy. Honestly they think we all novices in all areas. Like I don't need Daphane Oz telling me cheese in my fridge isn't a good thing. HONEY I KNOW CHEESE AINT GOOD FOR YOU.

Archived