The Chew: Discussion Thread

Llantano Incorporated

• Members

I watched this again last week and they had the most bizarre and endless segment about how kids had their lemonade stand shut down because they didn't have a permit. What this has to do with food, I don't know. Beyond that, they had some "reenactment" in black and white, with arty camera angles, as a cop shut down a lemonade stand, complete with a sad child in closeup and an official explaining. Gordon Elliott narrated in a creepy way and I just switched off.

This show still seems to be a mess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't find the ratings I saw a few days ago but I think they said The Chew was 44% down on AMC? I can't remember. Anyway, I don't know why they haven't made any personnel changes on this show. I think having so many people is what has driven viewers away, along with the lack of identity. I would get rid of Mario Battali at the least.

• Members

I think the major problem is that the focus of the show seems to have gotten away from food. A cooking show on daytime seems like something quite interesting, but few want to watch when a lot of the show is spent talking and joking about stupid things.

Battali can be snotty at times, but I think that Kelly is the weakest link by far. He usually is the one going off on silly tangents.

• Members

Sadly, those still occur.

Plus, Clinton was wearing shorts and flip flops. I guess if Mario can wear those crocs, the others can just show up in whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if someone showed up wearing sweatpants and a wife beater and they let them on anyway.

Archived