The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

To anybody who was in the Break Room last night--woot! I figured out the problem with the sound on my computer. To quote Keith--"Animals and computers. Oi."

MsQ, saw Miracle. Loved the song MUCHLY. Not so much with the motion sickness from the video. (KIDDING, Stace. I know you--you'll take me seriously and send me virtual Dramamine.) Actually, it was really cool.

In between working on the Birthday Zine, I was inspired to make this. It's a video to Kate Bush's "Running Up That Hill," from her CD, The Whole Story.

"Running Up That Hill"

Written by Kate Bush

It doesn't hurt me.

Do you want to feel how it feels?

Do you want to know that it doesn't hurt me?

Do you want to hear about the deal that I'm making?

You, it's you and me.

And if I only could,

I'd make a deal with God,

And I'd get him to swap our places,

Be running up that road,

Be running up that hill,

Be running up that building.

If I only could, oh...

You don't want to hurt me,

But see how deep the bullet lies.

Unaware I'm tearing you asunder.

Ooh, there is thunder in our hearts.

Is there so much hate for the ones we love?

Tell me, we both matter, don't we?

You, it's you and me.

It's you and me won't be unhappy.

And if I only could,

Be running up that road,

Be running up that hill,

Be running up that building,

Say, if I only could, oh...

You,

It's you and me,

It's you and me won't be unhappy.

"C'mon, baby, c'mon darling,

Let me steal this moment from you now.

C'mon, angel, c'mon, c'mon, darling,

Let's exchange the experience, oh..."

And if I only could,

Be running up that road,

Be running up that hill,

With no problems.

And if I only could,

Be running up that road,

Be running up that hill,

With no problems.

And if I only could,

Be running up that road,

Be running up that hill,

With no problems.

If I only could

Be running up that hill

With no problems...

"If I only could, I'd be running up that hill.

If I only could, I'd be running up that hill."

©1985 Novercia Ltd.

*waves to ANGEL*

Edited by MinervaFan

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

My letter to ABC Soaps In Depth:

I am beyond outraged at the rumors of Stuart Damon's firing from General Hospital. Not only is Damon a wonderful actor and a daytime legend, the character of Alan Quartermaine is a pillar of the entire General Hospital family. The decision to kill off his character is yet another ageist, short-sighted, and disrespectful act by an administration that clearly does not care about the history of the show, or the long-time fans who remain loyal to characters they've grown up with.

I hope this is just a rumor and that Alan Quartermaine will continue on General Hospital. But if it's not a rumor, I truly hope that this decision to fire Damon, along with all the other veteran cast members dumped without respect or dignity, comes back to haunt The Powers That Be at ABC.

DB

Louisville, KY

• Members

Just stopping in...

To those in the breakroom last night: Do we have a definite on the gift for Jane Elliot yet?

MinervaFan, thanks for the video feedback! I loved your video too and the effects! And I am in love with the song (that has been playing in the background non-stop for about an hour). Oh, and I liked the use of audio at the beginning. Awesome letter too. I want to write like that, LOL. Have you thought about sending it to SOD and SOW too?

Kind of OT -- Ew. Ew. Ew. I've been researching for Oh, Baby, and seriously, if the websites are going to come with pictures (real life pictures, not diagrams), I need a warning next time. :blink:

Happy New Year (again) Everyone!

*waves to TracyLuv*

Edit: OMG. Regency. Your avatar. LOL! I love it!

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

Great vid Deb!! Some of my fave scenes are in there :) When Luke calls "Spanky" outside after chopping the tree and she stops and closes her eyes tight - I totally love that scene! Of course, the HS touching scene too :). I like the song alot too.

Ms. Q, I loved some of the ideas we came up with last night for the gift. I guess we better decide - time is a runnin' out. Deb any thoughts?

*waves* to knh

almost forgot... Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to {you} and your loved ones!! See you all next year :):wub: :*

Edited by TracyLuv

• Members

Just wanted to wish everyone here a happy New Year. I think I should have something more to say than that, but it's a simple sentiment, so that's what I went with. Hope you all had a great day since it's already 7 (here, anyway) and have fun at whatever party or celebration you have and I hope tomorrow starts the new year off well!!

• Members

In the Break Room for a little while. Hope you are all having a great New Year's Eve.

Luke and Tracy walk alone together in the snow, quiet, not really talking. She's wearing his coat, and he's got his arm around her shoulders. It's not really what either expected to be doing on New Year's, but it's okay. They're okay.

They see the lights in the harbor, so many parties going on, so many people eagerly pursuing that greatest of all treasures...fun.

She wishes she could be content with fun. She had been for so many years, recklessly shallow in her joy, caught up in the surface pleasures of life. It would make it easier somehow--a fabulous party, a fabulous dress, great food and more alcohol than any one person should consume in one sitting.

He wishes he were more anxious, wishes his feet were more miserable in this one place where he's been for far too long. It used to be so easy to leave--his kids, his friends, his sad, familiar life. It would make things so much easier somehow--disconnected from his feelings, another woman in another bed, another city that meant more to him than the people in it.

He's changed. And so has she. They walk together in companionable silence, hands reaching of their own accord to lace together. For warmth, of course. For connection.

They can hear the beginnings of midnight rippling through the town. It comes in the form of music, and horns, and muffled party sounds from behind closed doors.

"It's midnight," she says.

"It's midnight," he echos.

"Yeah." She looks up at him. It's the first new year they've spent together, at least at this magical moment when the entire world--or at least the East coast--seems to come together for one giant moment of joy. "Happy New Year," she whispers.

Luke looks into her eyes, trying to be upset that he isn't more upset. Trying for force himself to wish he was elsewhere, like he always wished he was elsewhere.

But she's lovely tonight, and that's good enough for him. "Happy New Year, Wife," he whispers back, leaning over to kiss her gently on the lips. She kisses him back, tenderly, a pretty response.

She wishes she hadn't become so relevent over the last year. He wishes he hadn't become so comfortable.

But it's New Years, and not all wishes are meant to come true. He kisses her again, deeper this time, and she doesn't refuse. All around them, Port Charles parties like there's no tomorrow. But on one lonely stretch of dock, two changed people find happines in their own private celebration.

See. I TOLD you I was going to get my New Years Eve kiss!

• Members

oh, MF... if only. Why can't we get that on the show, in fact, I'd like for anything that involves tracy to show up more than once a month, but I guess we can't have it all (or much of anything in this case). I'm just glad she's still on contract.

It's 1:30 here right now and I'm working on that picture for you. It's going faster than it usually does (it always works out when people aren't looking over my shoulder checking out what I'm doing), so I think I'll get it done for you. Especially if I don't have to mail it and I'm just scanning it instead. I am going to scan it and send it to you with sendspace, but I will send it the sizze it scans so it won't be grainy when you print it and I'll try to shrink it just in case it is to big to download. Probably could have pmed you for all that, but oh well. Later!!

Happy New Year to all!!!!!!

Edited by knh

• Members

Aww, Deb, I loved it. Think we'll ever get a LuNacy kiss on New Year's on GH? Maybe next year...

knh, happy new year to you too!

Hey, look what I found (that I made last year)...

Behold the prettiness (well, I think it's pretty, LOL)...

NewYear_jpeg.jpg

Also, I've been messing around with AdobePhotoDeluxe and PhotoShop and came up with these beige icons...

Icon_beige2.jpg AND Icon_beige.jpg

It might just be me (and well, it is kind of late), but I like it, LOL, even though they look so sad. :( Any ideas for text if I or anyone else decides to use it? :D

And Deb, once again, this might just be because it's late, and I know you've done a ton of proofreading on Second Chances (and you used up a whole bunch of ink, which I can send you a couple dollars for), but I still don't know how I feel about dragging Tracy into the mob and letting someone from the show see that. I know I agreed. And now I'm sort of taking it back. And yes, I'm being stupid about this. Oy. Everyone else can feel free to weigh in. Plus, I sort of like the Missing Scene with Dillon/Tracy (about the abortion) better. But like you said, we all hate going back and reading older stuff 'cause it's like, "Whoa. That it so bad." Anyway, I'm just rambling. Just figured I'd get that out in the open now 'cause I'm weird and didn't want to lose sleep over something so little.

Finally, WHERE IS nex? I'm kind of worried. She popped in after Christmas and then disappeared. That's not like her. nex, if you're reading, come in and say hello. :)

• Members

MsQ, I've been wondering about the length of using both stories, and it might be better to use some of the Missing Scenes anyway, instead of both the Jason story and the anniversary story. Email me with what you want to do, and we'll discuss.

BTW, Regency has posted another story to the Ficathon (Boy, You Were A Fool) and I expanded the instafic into a full-fledged story.

Happy New Year's to all.

• Members

Happy New Year everyone!!

Anyone have a hangover from partying on-line into the wee hours? heh heh

Hey, Deb, and Regency, great stories!

Ms. Q, thanks for the "prettiness" of the New Year banners. And I LOVE Your Second Chances story. I think you should keep it in the zine.

to Everyone, Chat tonite at 7pm central (8pm eastern): Discuss/weigh in on a group gift to JE for her 60th in addition to the fic. I feel funny posting this notice since Ms. Q "volunteered" (Okay, I volunteered her-heehee) to post a notice about the chat, but I ain't seen her all day. Deb, is there any left over mousse for the chat? YUM :)

Off to read Deb's AU - MaryLee West, Marco, and Luke! - oh, my!

• Members

You guys, I scare myself. My Tracy obsession is a scary thing. Please remember I'd never seen an episode of GH until January of 2006. And I'm not including my AU story in this list. I just posted my 2006: Fanfiction Year in Review to my LiveJournal. Dudes, this is why I have no life.

I probably won't be able to participate in the chat tonight. I have to be at work tomorrow, which means laundry, and we still have movies left. Sending chocolate mousse on without me--enjoy, all.

ETA: Waves to Keith! Hey, stranger! I got my sound back! w00t!

Edited by MinervaFan

• Members

*runs into thread, out of breath*

I'm here. I'm here!

No more partying at SOC for me, LOL.

ILoveTracyQ, you have email.

TracyLuv, you have email.

MinervaFan, you have email.

Everyone Else, you are not cool enough to have email. Kidding. :P

Another reminder, if you can attend...

You're Invited!!!

A Very Special and Very Important Chat

When: TONIGHT! 7pm central. 8pm eastern.

Where: The Tracy Quartermaine Breakroom

Why: To discuss gift ideas for Jane Elliot's 60th Birthday.

RSVP: Regrets Only!

Hope you can come!!!!

• Members

ok guys, I was trying to sign out anyway, but I got kicked off instead. So goodbye and everyone have a good night.

As promised, here's the picture I'm using to send to MF for the zine. Take a peek.

http://public.fotki.com/nopeekiepeekie/gen...alnov03141.html

I already told MF, but I didn't want to use a pic with the Tracy personality or anything like that b/c it is for the actress's birthday and not any character thing, so I chose this one. I think she looks gorgeous in this, so that's what I went with. When I've finished it I'm going to try to set it as a banner or attach it somehow to my posts. I don't want everyone to have to download such a big file, but I want to make sure everyone can see it since I'm just emailing it to MF

Edited by knh

• Members

*waves to tracyluver* We miss ya!

We had a small group in the breakroom tonight. The "final" list of what we've decided is posted at JE Online.

Dance With Me (from the Missing Scenes) has been revisited. Click here. Thanks Deb!

Edit: *waves to Ms. Walsh*

Also, kind of OT, but I need to step AWAY from the boards for a bit. I'm here (and at other sites) a lot. And I love it, I do, but I spend too much time online. I'll still be in touch via email, but if I disappear from here, SOC, and JE Online, don't worry. :)

SPUMORS FROM SOAPDISH

_

_

_

_

_

Edward learns of Jason and Sam's desire and shares his plan with Tracy. Tracy is appalled and takes action to prevent it.

Sam finds out about the defective condoms the Q's manufactured while working for Edward and realizes that's the bubble that burst between Liz and Jason.

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine