The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

And she's back, and she is not Tracy, but rather Ms. Q, who for some odd reason is referring to herself in the 3rd person. :lol:

*waves*

I bring ABC.com spoilers...

_

_

_

_

_

After Tracy laughs in Sam's face when she asks about a job at ELQ, Edward takes Sam aside and promises her that if she has Jason's baby, he'll make it his sole heir.

_

_

_

_

_

END OF SPOILER

Did we decide on a definite time for the breakroom tonight? Regency posted 8:00, 8:30 central. I'll be around (after all, I've been computer deprived much of the day ;)). Anyone else going to be there?

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hellllooooo in here ! ((((echo))))))

My goodness. Where is everyone?

Well I hope all the last of you procrastinators have sent or are sending today, your stuff/contributions for Jane's Bday.

I *squee* just hope she likes it, and I believe she will.

I had a nice time in the breakroom last night ladies.

Talkin' bout Tracy and her sexy men...ALL of them. I don't think there was a single one who wasn't mentioned, LOL.

We even talked TRAX, Staci. Wherever you are. :)

Anyhoo.....I've got stuff to do around the casa but I'm sure I'll check back in sometime today.

:)

Hope everyone's day is going well.

• Members

ok, so clearly I should take the second kick-off and my cue to leave the break room. I'll talk to yuo guys later, but i just wantedto to say goodnight.

Lainey- send me your email address and I'll send you the link!!

night all

ps. (whispers) I finished my picture. SSSshh! I'll post it later

• Members

Birthday Zine Update. I'm putting the master file in order. Went to Kinko's yesterday and did a price check on binding and copying. Should be...*gulp*...printed by end of day tomorrow and dropped off at Kinko's for copying/binding tomorrow night. It's going to be really good.

Sorry I missed the chat last night. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

ETA: Well, the zine is now officially formatted and coming in at just over 100 pages. Here is a copy of the letter I will be including in lieu of a Foreward.

January 7, 2006

Dear Jane:

A small group of fans got together hoping to send you something unique for your birthday. The book you’re holding, The Best of The Tracy Quartermaine Ficathon, is a small token of appreciation from your fans. This collection, which is the only one of its kind anywhere, contains short stories written by your fans.

Most of the stories are collected at The Tracy Quartermaine Ficathon, a LiveJournal community where members share their fan fiction. These stories are written for fun, not profit, and result mainly from the frustration fans feel with the lack of screen time Tracy gets on General Hospital. The stories in this book are the best of what we have to offer, ranging in tone from romance to drama to humor. Some are efforts to capture scenes we would have liked to have seen on the show, while others are completely original stories featuring Tracy Quartermaine in the lead role.

Our writers represent a mixed bag of ages, backgrounds, and locations. Our youngest writers are in high school, and our oldest is in her forties. Ficathon members come together from as diverse locations as New York, California, Florida, Illinois, Texas, Massachusetts, and Kentucky. We are students, professionals, artists, musicians, web designers, teachers, and more. We are all drawn together by one common denominator—our love for the character of Tracy Quartermaine.

Ms. Elliot, for years you have been entertaining your fans. We hope, by sending you this small volume of our work, that we will be able to return the favor. Happy Birthday from the members of the TQ Ficathon, along with our hopes for many, many happy returns.

Edited by MinervaFan

• Members

MinervaFan, lovely letter!

Lainey, I'll go to SOC tonight.

First, I want to share these OH.MY.GOD.YOU.WILL.HATE.THEM.BUT.WE.CALLED.IT spoilers.

_

_

_

_

_

How the hell does THAT happen? Seriously. Tell me. The girl doesn't even have a GED, doesn't have an OUNCE of experience, and she's going to outsmart the business woman who's holding the college degree, who's been working in the family business (be it as a board member or CEO) for HOW LONG? You know, it's not even like I didn't expect it, 'cause I did. But still…UGH. *puts on smile* Can I just say it's OOC? That never, ever, ever would Sam outsmart the Tracy Quartermaine. Can I just call it more Sam propping? Lord knows she needs it. I'm sorry. I'm just imagining the conversation my sister and I are going to have after this airs. Oh, it's not going to be pretty. :(

• Members

Yeah I heard that spoiler, and we called it. *shrug*

The good part is, it all sounds like a plot point and will last about five minutes.

The bad part is, TRacy is just going to look ridiculous and bitter by doing what she plans to do.

Of course Sam did have the diving business, so in her defense, it's not like she's STUPID. I wouldn't say that, and I'd even go so far to say as she may have some business accumen.

I'd even say it's possible, with how distracted Tracy has been due to Laura/Luke and Luke leaving AGAIN, that she might slip and make a mistake.

Everyone does.

What I HATE, is that the only reason they are even showing ELQ is because of HER. What I HATE is that in reference to Sam vs.Tracy, Sam is always made to look better.

Um, okay. Whatever, GH. I still don't like her and I never will. I dislike characters on principle, that are in my face 24/7. So until she gets cut to 2 days a week, or less, the propping is wasted on me.

I don't think Tracy has a college degree...I think it's already been said, that she wanted to go, but never went due to getting married and Ned coming along, etc etc.

But she followed Edward around when she could, and being involved in that way is the best job training there is.

• Members

ok guys. sorry about the delay. I tried to load the pic to sendspace yesterday but it was taking way too long to be doing it that late at night. As soon as i'm done eating dinner I'm going to give it a go for the second time, hoping that it is early enough to make it through the whole file... I'm sure it will be. Then I can load it on here and send it to everyone that I said.

again... sooooooo sorry for the delay!!

• Members

Actually, I remember when Robert and Tracy were locked in the freezer and he was trying to get her to pick the lock on his handcuffs, she made some remark to him, that "some of us were going to college instead of super agent school" or something like that as to why she wasn't immediately getting how to pick the lock. Could have just been a snide remark of the writers just rewriting history as usual.

Do you all think Ned is really going to come back and get back together with Alexis? I can't remember...when Ned and Alexis were involved and she had the whole eddie's angel scandal, was tracy on the show then? I don't remember her being there at the wedding when Alex ran away. Can someone refresh my memory? Thanks!

• Members

Regarding Sam/Tracy: I'm not so sure about the business thing, Michele, but other than that I agree. As for the college degree, I was remembering the Robert/Tracy scene in the freezer, where she said, "Some of us went to college, not secret agent school," (which is what hookedongh mentioned, and I took that to mean as she did go. Whether or not she got the degree, I have no idea. But, I still find it ridiculous that Sam, of all people, should be the one to point out Tracy's error. And I HATE that since Tracy's been CEO, it's mainly been used as a plot-point to highlight how incompetent Tracy is. WTHever. BTW, for those interested in the days Tracy will be on next week, per Cable Guide Spoilers, she’s on Friday for sure, and maybe Thursday as well.

Breakroom? It's a little after 9:30 central.

http://pub13.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/1049349012

Edit: Aww, ILoveTracyQ! *hugs*

BTW, I've posted at SOC. :D

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

Just sent the link to the pic to Deb, so I'll have it up for the rest of you in the morning. I hope you all think it's ok seeing as it's going on something from everyone. I promise I didn't halfa$$ it, but it is definately the quickest I've done a picture in quite a while.

Just thought i'd say that JE is on Baby Boom right now. It's only a 1/2 a minute long scene, but who cares. It's makes the movie worth it for me b/c otherwise it is a take it or leave it kind of thing.

Lata!! have a good night

ok... I'll post it now...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pp0331

Edited by knh