The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

Zanne, I love your Q's Hostile Takeover of General Hospital scenario. Where do I sign up? I've already shot off an email to Frons and Phelps. Who else should I target, and do you have an email address? Any suggestions on the tack I should take to be more effective?

It looks like I'm not going to havea lot of computer time for the rest of my life...erm, I mean, for the rest of the holiday season. I will be on as much as I can, but let me just take a moment to wish everybody a great holiday--Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Yule--whatever you celebrate, or even if you don't celebrate anything. I hope you have a great couple of weeks while the madness whirls around us all.

And I STILL have not seen either of Tracy's episodes this week.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I haven't had a chance to come on since early yesterday, so sorry for ignoring things in here. I was going to write a big long post for the holidays, but Ms Q took care of it for me. She basically said what, I think, most, if not all, of us would want to say, so thanks you!!

I hope everyone has an incredible holiday, whatever one you celebrate. I love you all, have a great time with your family and friends and enjoy the time together (no matter how annoying some get)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

2 days.... pretty obvious now, but I'll keep it going anyway.

• Members

nex, I know you're away, but here are the clips!

12/22/06: Credit to Lori Jo of HellaGood.

What I included...

Alexis/Ned (who have a super LONG scene, yay!)

The Quartermaines brief exchange (Tracy had no dialogue, boo!)

Santa's arrival (Dillon is Santa...Oh. My. God.)

The Xmas story (Alan's part of it only; yes, GH CUT OFF STUART DAMON and had some random dayplayer read the beginning and the end of the story, while the mobster children got to do their Xmas pageant)

Tracy/Georgie short scene (very, very short, but I still love Tracy, LOL)

Edward/Skye/Lila Rae (Awww.)

The montage (in which the Q's sort of smile, sort of not at Skye/Lorenzo)

Happy Holidays Everyone! :D

• Members

I have no clue what that would mean......????? I know that makes this very little help, but that was my only thought...

IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!!...... well, technically it is in 7 minute, here anyway, but odds are I won't be online much on Christmas Eve, so I posted early.

I wish everyone a fabulous holiday!!!

Edited by knh

• Members

*waves to knh*

Oh, MinervaFan, did you get the D&D banner I sent via PM? I sent it sometime yesterday. I hope it went through!

Part 2 of the spoiler...

_

_

_

_

_

Dillon sides with Sam.

:angry: DISOWN HIM, TRACY!!!!!!

Oh, about the "shoots and scores" spoiler, that better not be literal, like the "she can't have her cake and eat it either" one. But anyway, as much as I hate Sam (actually, I just don't care about her, LOL), I don't want Tracy to shoot her. Let someone else take care of it. ;)

BTW, SoapDish is a bit leery of these spoilers because the backstage information the insider is providing doesn't match up with what another (more trusted) insider said it the past. It also doesn't match up with what Tristan Rogers posted on his website. But regardless, I'd figured I'd share. :)

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

wow. Wow. That Christmas episode...with the exception of Ned's scene with Alexis...was...lame........

Lame-OH.

Serious with the lame-i-tude.

Man, it's so lame, it's got me talking like Spinelli. This is not good. Still haven't seen Monday's ep, but please tell me it's better than the Christmas episode.

ETA: Watching YouTube on dial-up is slowwwww..... It gives me lots of time to be freaked out by Carrie Ross. I mean, whoa, are we talking the anit-Tracy or what?

Edited by MinervaFan

• Members

Hope everyone has a happy holiday. We are headed to Florida this morning. The xmas episode was the worst ever. I couldn't believe they didn't even let Alan read the whole story. I noticed that in the xmas pagaent the blonde boy who was talking was Ric Hearst's son i think. I was watching one day with...and he was on yesterday and it sure looked like his son. I think they said they use their own kids in that episode sometimes.

Glad Alexis and Ned were on. They should get back together. At least he was sane and was really into her before she kept bolting!!

Well i have a plane to catch....have a merry xmas

• Members

You are hilarious Deb! And Yes, Monday's epi was so much better - Tracy looked great and with more lines of course.

Ms. Q, Finished "Oh Baby" :) and am anxiously awaiting the angst of the next few chapters. - Before new year's maybe? Right now I am up to chapter 6 of "The Right Thing" - lovin' it. But I hope it doesn't end like I think it may - shhhh don't tell me.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!

• Members

Yippe-tie-yie-yay! Christmas Eve greetings from Bronco Deb, the biggest, baddest cowgirl on the Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest. LOL. Five of The Redneck's horses got out of the pen this morning, and guess who helped get them back in? Actually, I stood there with a bucket of corn guarding the three that didn't leave while The Redneck and Fey's mom ran out to try to "corral" the five hooligan equines.

They are so busted.

Oh, and I'm slowly watching the Carrie scenes from Guiding Light. She's totally freaking me out. Keith hit the nail on the head--it's the voice. Tracy (at least now) uses her chest voice; it's lower pitched and fuller. Carrie (and young Tracy) uses head voice--much thinner, reedier quality, higher pitched. Also, Carrie bounces. She's downright...dare I say it...perky. Keith assures me this just proves JE has a great range as an actress, but it still creeps me out. I don't even want to consider a ... perky ... Tracy Quartermaine. That would hurt my psyche to the point where a team of Johns Hopkins psychiatrists couldn't straighten me out.

Oh, and Carrie with that scarf wrapped around her head (I think it's part 3) looked SO much like a young, pre-Cagney and Lacy Tyne Daly. It's weird, huh.

ETA: More on Carrie--she was beautiful in the gown. But the music on this show sux. Seriously sux. The 50s sitcom music they play when Ross is on camera is just annoying. I'm so spoiled.

Oh, and I still haven't watched Monday's show.

Edited by MinervaFan

• Members

Have a safe trip, hookedongh!

TracyLuv, thanks for the feedback!

And, MinervaFan, Monday's episode is so much better. Not my absolute favorite of TQ episodes or anything, but she looks so natural, she gets lines, and I can't really ask for anymore with Guza in charge. ;) And ITA about JE/Carrie. Definitely bouncy. Heh. I love it! (still don't want Tracy like that, of course)

Well, I might be in and out periodically until 3pm or so, but if not, HAPPY HOLIDAYS! (yes, I know, AGAIN...That's what happens when I do my Xmas post 3 days early, LOL).

• Members

A Night in the Museum: Good movie.

The Pursuit of Happyness: GOOD movie, but sort of a bummer on Christmas Eve.

Dinner for Two at The Melting Pot: Mmmm...expensive, but oh-so-satisfying.

Having online friends like you guys?: Priceless.

I have been working out the plot of the AU story in my head all day, and guess what? I may have figured out a way to finish it before Christmas 2010. Woot.

Have a great Christmas, ya'll. Be safe and be happy. Fey and I send our love.

• Members

News: I FINALLY saw Monday's episode!!! Damn, it was like Tracy was a real character, with lines and stuff! Don't tell TIIC--they might notice that she had something to do and put a stop to it. MsQ, I will agree that our girl looked great--I like the natural-looking hair. It looks like she's lost a little weight in her face, too--not too much, please. I prefer her with more weight than rail-thin like she was in the 80s, thank you.

Oh, and while we're discussing her appearance, was that shirt camouflage? Maybe it's been throat-deep in hunting country, but it definitely looked that way to me. I really actually liked it--I loved that she was wearing something that fit rather than floated on her.

As for the actual scenes, YAY. YAY YAY YAY YAY! Tracy being Tracy again--smart, funny, observant and ignored. She's Kassandra Quartermaine, you know. She tends to be the one who figures things out, the prophet nobody ever listens to. I'm absolutely sure that if the family increased their "taking Tracy's advice" ratio to, oh, maybe even 10%, they'd have significantly fewer disasters. But like King Priam's daughter, Tracy's cautionary words are never heeded, and her observations are ignored. And now the empire Edward and Lila made seems to be going the same way as Priam and Hecuba's Troy--straight down the toilet. I seem to recall a prophecy Tracy made in a clip back in the late 70s.....(flashback music and effects)...

And unto you shall come one called Frons,

Who shall bear promise of great riches and power.

This is the mouth of the serpent, which shall hiss and charm,

Bringing only death and destruction to the House of Edward.

Upon his ascent to power, the Snake will destroy all that is strong

And raise the weak to power. Good shall be hollowed, and

Wickedness raised next to the shrines of the Gods.

All fire and devastation will rain down around you,

Yet the minions of Frons will dance and sing in futile merriment.

It is the end of things. It is the end of all things.

I am certain I remember that scene--oh, wait. Maybe it got cut, just like most of Tracy's imporant scenes were destined to become cut....when the Great Serpent arrived at the gates of Troy...erm, Port Charles.

Okay, since I am apparently feeling creative, guess I'll go work on the AU story before getting ready to go over to the grandmothers' house. :)

Edited by MinervaFan