General Hospital: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, she still exists. I think they said she was a lawyer in Texas (Amarillo?) doing immigration law.

But I do wish Taggert would mention "Aunt Gia" to Trina in relation to her relationship with Spencer more.

But you would think that in all those years that Portia and Taggert were together, he would mention his little sister being engaged to an heir of a Russian-Greco-Maglamaniac royal family. And Portia being like, I don't think so, and going from there, but of course now it's because she thinks Spencer is a bad example, and now the fact that Curtis was shot with the bullet possibly meant for his uncle Sonny instead.

Even though Trina's best friend was Sonny's stepdaughter for years and her mother was best friends with his hitman. She wasn't in any danger during those times they were hanging out. 

• Members

Yep. I've really gotten sick of Olivia lately -- all shrill and over-emotional and ridiculous -- but this Carly stuff has put me over the edge. I want her gone.

It really seems as if GH writers sat down and said "How can we get the audience to hate Portia?"

• Members

For Emily? No. Haha. Tognoni, for me, is poised for Skye Quartermaine. That's who she should be on General Hospital. Emily? Hmm.. I'm open to Natalia Livingston reprising the role, even though I am *over* back from the dead storylines. What about, and go with me here, Alexa Havins or Arianne Zucker?

• Members

I can't see where anyone has posted the news about GH on Hulu. If I'm duplicating, sorry. Per the network, today, (tweets between SoapJenn & Nathan) Hulu is responsible for putting the show up "day after or sooner". Now, how in the world did all of us fans get it so wrong?! Weird news today.

Of course I am also scratching my head over the walk down Memory Lane of Carly & Olivia's friendship. I am a fan of women on soaps having women friends. And, they are great friends! 

@ranger1rg  I did not know this was a Minority Rapport but I am a fan of Olivia's. And I have always been a fan of Portia's but this is just awful. It was bad enough when she began cultivating Esme, who she by rights should detest but now being so underhanded & overbearing with Spence, it is starting to smack of villainy. I do not like it one bit.

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
combine 2 posts

• Members

There was plenty for Portia to do as a spoiler for Spencer/Trina before they started having her look this bad.

Spencer did have to serve time in jail. He is volatile. Trina showed poor judgement in stowing away on the Haunted Star. She was in danger. The whole Esme angle was because of Trina’s ties with Spencer. Even a non-controlling parent would have issues here.

At the same time, she has no problem with Trina working with and being close to a murderer (Ava) from a mob family.

I miss soap writing that actually used the format- every day storytelling so that all the beats were played out, motivations were clear and not rushed just to fit into a trope.