General Hospital: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I remember thinking what JL posted was kind of dense and sure to ignite the fanbase with those comments, but it's also something KS and especially FF could have ignored.   It wasn't all that serious and I think it really showed KS and FF's immaturity.  Honestly, all three have had some real questionable quotes though so it's an everyone sucks here situation.  I just don't think JL's initial tweet meant any harm.

• Members

A show they infrequently watch during sweeps, to be clear.

This was always my plan.

I do think you'd have to go back to Nikolas with them for a time and it would be hot stuff with Ava who would probably lose her mind, but you could also then very easily move her away from Nik if you so chose. But to me Ava and Emily would probably be the two extreme opposite poles in Nikolas' life.

• Members

This thread would have about 10 posts a month if we only talked about the current show lol. 

Emily would obviously have to start off in Nikolas's orbit and there is story there.  I just always felt the show really boxed Emily in with the fairytale Nik/Emily stuff and Nik has always been crappy to her, IMO.  I don't even have that much affinity for Emily and I blame that mostly on NL's tepid take on the character.  The show would have to find a really good recast for her (and Nik) to be able to go toe to toe with Ava.  I am sure @Liberty City will tell me that's Gina Tognoni.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm still out here, wondering if anyone has any theories or reaction to the Pikeman story?  Because, as always, GH is delivering during sweeps.

Also, I know it is scab-filler, but I enjoyed the flashbacks today

Edited by j swift

• Members

As usual, I am guilty of over thinking it, but I tried anagrams of the word pikeman, and got nothing.  The few clues that we seem to know is that pikeman means a military man who uses a pike (which is a weapon that looks like a pike fish's tooth), and we know Mason refers to his boss as a female.

So, it could be Valentine, but that wouldn't fit the clues.

I also wonder if the scab writers know who the union writers planned to be revealed as the head of pikemen, or if they could change the outcome at will?  Obviously, production would know the outcome from the pitch.  But, it complicates things that they seem to be moving forward with this story during the strike, rather than relying on short-term interim plots

• Members

What is this goofy "banter" with Finn and Elizabeth?  He's almost as annoying as his child.  This is such a horrible pairing.  Finn is not charming.   I swear I almost immediately turned off the episode because I was so annoyed by those scenes.

I think there is probably a happy medium between full on committing Ned and doing nothing here.  Tracy's right.  He just can't keep doing this Eddie Maine schtick forever with Olivia just hoping he will snap out of it.  And shut it Finn's dad.  No one asked you.  You don't even know Ned.

I have to say the staff at Ferncliff or Shadybrooke or whatever it's called must wonder why Sasha is so popular.  She has several people trying to visit her a day lol.

• Members

Looking on Twitter I see that there was a strike-mandated montage today to the Carly and Olivia friendship. I didn't even know they were friends. Then again, I've watched about a dozen scenes over the last dozen years.

I also saw someone saying if they want to have Portia object to Sprina, they should have her object because of Nik and Gia. I guess Gia just doesn't exist anymore?

• Members

Gia has been mentioned recently and is supposedly still practicing law (an odd career choice she took up near the end of her run), I think they said in Arizona?

Why Taggert has not brought up Nikolas/Gia more in the course of this mess is beyond me. He was very involved with them for awhile.

• Members

I had to stop after watching yesterday's episode.  I'll tackle a Carly friendship montage later lol.  Olivia and Carly are supposedly bff though. 

Mentioning Trina's aunt Gia would be a great way to help explain Portia's perspective, but it's still not an argument that holds that much weight.  Spencer isn't his father.  Taggert should absolutely bring it up more though.