General Hospital: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I doubt very seriously if the status of Carly, Nina, Sonny will change. I believe they all have 4 episode guarantees. 

Anyway, just watched the show & I have only  one typical soapy thought. Name change for the hospital: General NoHIPAA Hospital where  your secrets are out in the open all the time!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Olivia is supposed to be a couple years younger than Sonny.  Make of that what you will as Sonny's has de-aged through the years.  Since when was young Lois a partier?  We heard A LOT about Bensonhurst in the 90's and Lois was never described like that.   It was also weird that Olivia referred to Lois as someone Eddie might know.  Saying she was his ex-wife or Brooklyn's mother would have been much more relevant. 

• Members

Idk, I get he has no idea who Lois is, but I think that is sort of important information.  He has to wonder who Brooklyn's mom is lol.  It would have been easy to slip that info in casually into the story or, you know, just don't use Lois as part of the story if the show doesn't want to connect the dots.

• Members

I don't get the whole story.  This Eddie Maine persona is nothing like Eddie Maine was.  He was still Ned just a leather pants wearing bar singer at night.  He wasn't like this.  This is a made-up personality in his head and he's using the name Eddie Maine.  It would be interesting if he thought it was 1995 and had to figure his life out from there, but that isn't the case.  I don't get the point of doing a throwback to history when it really has nothing to do with history at all.  

• Members

I won’t go into any detail because I’ve said it before, but Joss just needs to die. And ruining Kristina isn’t going to make anyone like her. 

Hopefully, Dex will soon realize that he has feelings for Trina and take out the trash. The two of them developing feelings for each other and causing conflict for Sprina would be a much, much better story then Spencer catching feelings for Esme. 

The Austin/Ava stuff just needs to end. Same goes for Curtis’ whining. 

• Members

I wanted Phyllis to be the the head of Kelly's. She has the same warmth as Ruby and Mary Mae. I wish they hadn't killed off Lenny. That would have made a nice husband and wife establishment.

That makes sense because their plots feel so discombobulated. They just pick up one minute, then cool off, then randomly pick back. I didn't even realize Cyrus was still on the show. Especially for a cast as large as this, you would think there's more foresight and planning into the plots.

If GH supposedly comes in under budget and is able to have all of these sets with so many characters, think about how much greater the show would be if they trimmed all of the useless characters, stuck to a core group of players with defined stories and had a decent supporting cast.

Edited by Planet Soap

• Members

If anything, at the time Eddie was the best parts of Ned, let loose from his suits and power struggles and at times underhanded practices to protect the family or make ELQ more rich. Wasn’t Ned involved in the incinerator project that was going to be built on the side of town with the Ward House? He was better than Edward or Tracy, but still capable of being underhanded and power hungry.

Ned was the a$$hole, not Eddie (and both were awful for lying to Lois).