General Hospital: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

GH does not have a different casting policy-see all the OLTLers and Carlys lol.

I remember thinking MM did a pretty good job with Liz.   Again, she's capable just not my personal fave.  I wouldn't rule her out.  She's just not at the top of my list to employ.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Hulu uploads of GH have never been consistent.  They are late all the time and I do remember some of the episodes around the Nurse's Ball not appearing until the next day.  This is the latest it has ever been, but I have never been able to set my clock by them being up by 8PM ET.   Obviously the reps were confused, but it really would make no sense for Hulu just to stop showing GH on a Friday after showing the entire week lol.   Idk, with Hulu it seems like they put the episodes up when they get them and they always show up eventually.

• Members

Okay but, why is it always on Friday & never any other day? If ABC is negligent, wouldn't you expect it to be random?

Yep, me, too. Once I found the day's episode at the very bottom of the stack of two weeks worth of episodes! And that can be any day. 

Fridays are special because they're so regularly not available till whenever you wake up on Saturday. Then this past Friday's it was whenever I woke on Sunday!

We talked a little tiny bit about CHINA BEACH because of Jeff Kober. It showed up this weekend in an article about the 10 most wanted shows that are not streaming as #6 in very good company. In case anyone is interested TV Shows Not Streaming: Homicide, Ed, Knots Landing, Moonlighting – TVLine 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

Considering they brought in Tamara Braun as Kim Nero, among other multiple recasts, it wouldn't surprise me if Madison were OK'ed for the Sarah recast. But yes, it is partially why I'd choose her as Sarah. I remember Madison's time as Elizabeth and being really impressed. She came in, at a key storyline for Elizabeth, and she did amazing work. And I feel like she'd work well with Rebecca Herbst.

Ultimately, Bethany Joy Lenz is my top choice of Sarah recast, but with Madison no longer at Days of Our Lives, it'd be a chance to snatch her up.

• Members

Lenz would be really good, but she's a little young?   Obviously BH looks amazing for her age, but I think Lenz still projects pretty young as well.  It all depends on how you write Sarah.  MM would be good for a colder, more serious Sarah, but BJL would be good as a warmer, fun Sarah.

• Members

Lenz is 42 years old, which is two-years older than Sarah Laine, who played the role in 2002, and four years younger than Jennifer Sky. Madison is 46, so she would match Sky's age. I would think Sarah would be colder, given how warm Elizabeth seems to be. You would want that opposite kind of sibling, right? Plus, it'd be hilarious to see Lenz & Rebecca Budig as sisters, considering they were both Michelle Bauer on Guiding Light. I think both Lenz & Madison could be good, especially depending on how they're portrayed, per your own accord. 

Please register in order to view this content