General Hospital: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think Martha Madison would make a great Sarah Webber.  She did a great job playing Elizabeth when Rebecca Herbst was out.  She even dyed her hair to look more like Rebecca Herbst. I like Madison as Belle, and think she's much better than Kisten Storms would be.  Heck Madison could replace Storms as Maxie, LOL. 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am pretty positive MM was wearing a wig as Liz.  And she could not replace Storms as Maxie.  I don't even like KS as Maxie, but MM can barely handle Belle.  Maxie is quirky and has humor.  MM does not bring any of that to the table.  KS was a much better Belle as well.

• Members

I really enjoyed JL as Maxie and I have always liked Molly Burnett.  I would like either of them back, but I still think Maxie as a character just needs a rest.  I would write Maxie out for at least a year and then revisit recast options and/or KS again.

• Members

Nah. It was my own idea to pair them ten years ago as screwball opposites with an intriguing older irresponsible woman angle. Today both actors and characters are beyond spent and don't need new story to write them out. You can revisit that idea when there are fresh options (and hopefully a more invigorated Kirsten Storms if possible) after Maxie spends 3-4 years offscreen.

And she was horribly treated by fans, something KS IIRC passively encouraged.

That being said, no, I do not think she should return. An actor like Lilley being decent in a role or badly treated by the show, or just a nice person IRL (hi, Martha Madison), does not mean they should be given the job or change the fact that certain characters are burnt out and need to go for awhile or in some other cases permanently.

I think people are sick of Michael in general, not just Chad. Michael is a wimpy joke at this point. He needs a break. Not as long as Maxie, but awhile.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Robert Adamson was such a nice change of pace. I don't necessarily hate Chad Duell. I just feel like he has rested in the role, and when an actor is resting... it's time for them to go

She stated she was pressured to stay as thin as she was while on set when filming, and found it unhealthy.

When Jonah "died," and Michael was going to grief meetings or whatever, I sensed a possible pairing between Maxie & Michael, and I wouldn't have hated it. My one worry with writing Maxie out is that Felicia would possibly re-fade into the background, and I wouldn't want that. I need my Felicia on-canvas.

• Members

I remember Lilley being treated badly by fans, but I also remember her saying some boneheaded things and actually getting into it with KS online.   I really enjoyed JL as Maxie so I would welcome her back eventually.   I was just curious if she ever said anything about the recast situation.  I have always wondered what was really going on behind the scenes.  Her run kept getting extended and extended and it seemed so chaotic how GH handled the situation.

I really wouldn't miss Maxie or Michael.  I just think both performers are a big part of the problem although Maxie has run through years of story and is written into more a corner than Michael.