General Hospital: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So, let me get this straight.  At this point, Ned not only believes that he is Eddie, but he has begun dressing like Eddie.  Did he use Ned Quartermaine's credit card to buy the clothes?  Did he use Ned's driver's license to drive to the store?  Like, wouldn't that cause some question about his identity?  And does Wyndham's Department store have an aging rocker section?

Meanwhile, Curtis, a nightclub owner, and Portia, a doctor, don't seem to have sufficient disability insurance to pay for adaptive home renovations.  And Anna's homeowners insurance has yet to find her decent housing.  Maybe the scab writers are doing a meta-commentary on the WGA benefits?

Edited by j swift

• Members

For a brief moment, it felt like Selina was genuinely disheartened by Curtis' current state, and it was nice to see. I'm really enjoying what the temporary writers are writing. I know they were likely given a general outline to follow, but they're filling everything in quite nicely.

• Members

With the news that some ABC owned and operated stations on the East Coast like New York City are starting at 10 AM newscast, I'm surprised they didn't mess with General Hospital and move it back to 2 PM for a 3pm newscast. Especially since ABC News pre-empts the show like crazy with Special Reports.

• Members

So instead of picking up a syndicated show with Rachael Ray ending they decided to go with news,  interesting. Abc7 in NYC did the same when Oprah ended added an hour of local news, it also shows the issues with making a new successful talk show.

• Members

Loved Brooklyn getting Tracy drunk, leading to that perfect scene where she crashed into Mac & Felicia.  Amazing that you have 3/4 actors/characters sharing a cute scene together after 30-40 years on a show.  That seems so precious/rare and yet still so entertaining! 

The way they dressed Amanda Setton's Brooklyn character today was perfect; really amplified her natural beauty.  I wish the wardrobe department would style her that well every time, instead of the mess they usually have her in.

And speaking of gorgeous, the actress that plays Jordan is so elegant and has such a calming aura.  I love her restrained, toned down acting style, too, in comparison to the overwrought style of some of her co-stars that get way too much airtime (Portia, Sonny, Nina especially).  The wardrobe department seems to love Jordan, too, cause she's consistently the best dressed person on the show.

• Members

She cannot act!

It cracks me up when I see (or saw, before the utter collapse of the app for non-users) people in the GH hashtag demanding 'story for Jordan'. Jordan is not an actor! Jordan has barely been a character since the beginning with poor Vinessa Antoine. She is a plot widget kludged into various boring scenarios and C-D tier romances. Do not pretend Jordan #3 is desperately in need of the right material or man to soar!

• Members

TH as Jordan has about as much energy in her scenes as Sasha does in her current drugged out state.   She's not believable as the deputy Mayor, Commissioner, a police officer, TJ's mom, or as a viable obstacle for boring Curtis/Portia.  

She was a very good model on Project Runway, so maybe TH should go back to that.  

To be fair, I have been hit with the double gut punch of Gladys yesterday and Violet today, so GH is not on my good side.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

@carolineg & @Vee please watch today's family dinner party scenes with Jordan, Alexis, Sam and Molly and tell me who fits in that group best and who sticks out like a sore thumb (GranMolly).  I've seen the Jordan actress in scenes with solid veteran actresses like Nancy Lee Grahn & Finola Hughes and she does fine.

I don't know the Jordan character's history since I picked up re-watching GH soon after the pandemic.  Police commissioner characters on soaps are almost never interesting.  They're usually benign, boring and/or unattractive, but I like how they flipped the usual gender, race and beauty standards for this commish (now deputy mayor).  It does not surprise me at all that the actress was a model, because she's absolutely stunning and has such a calm, cool vibe.  She's usually so unbothered, totally opposite of her extended family (contrast her with the perpetually frazzled Portia who is the most unrealistic "doctor" ever in GH history or the annoying, scenery-chewing Aunt Stella).